Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
The audioKarma forum site has around a 250kb max size limit for attaching jpeg images to posts(MR limit is 3.81mb).
I took a pic with my iPhone thinking i would upload it to audio karma via iPhoto or photostream via my mac but I could find no option to scale/resize the pic and ended up having to share the pic via email to myself(email because it gives you size options before sending) and dragging the attached jpeg to my desktop in order to meet the size requirement for uploading to AudioKarma.
Isn't there an easier way to do this?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I use Dropbox. Take a pic, open the Dropbox app and if set to autoupload your pics it goes to the Camera Uploads folder (which then downloads to the same Dropbox folder on your computer). From there on MR, upload the pic from the Dropbox Camera Uploads folder.

Side benefit is that your iPhone pics download to your computer (just delete the ones you don't want from Dropbox).

I've never had a size issue, even with HDR images.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Buy the Tapatalk 2 app and post them through the built in image uploader. For the sake of a couple of quid its the easiest way I would say. Plus you can navigate the forum and read on the go in a handy app. :)

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2012
The audioKarma forum site has around a 250kb max size limit for attaching jpeg images to posts(MR limit is 3.81mb).
I took a pic with my iPhone thinking i would upload it to audio karma via iPhoto or photostream via my mac but I could find no option to scale/resize the pic and ended up having to share the pic via email to myself(email because it gives you size options before sending) and dragging the attached jpeg to my desktop in order to meet the size requirement for uploading to AudioKarma.
Isn't there an easier way to do this?

Listen to me:

GET THIS.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/picup/id354101378?mt=8

Don't buy anything, just use this. You can thank me later. ;)

Just for those who don't know: Picup is the only app anyone should use to post photos. Should be way more popular than it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.