Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch > iPhone

Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:15 PM   #901
bigjim83
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tthomas612 View Post
Sprint has improved over the past year. It's just going slowly but it is improving.

Maybe I'll just do the 30 day trial thing with them and see how it goes.
bigjim83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:22 AM   #902
Darryjr
macrumors member

I can't complain
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	533594  
Darryjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:49 AM   #903
Tthomas612
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryjr View Post
I can't complain
Where are you located?
Tthomas612 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:00 AM   #904
eyoungren
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
I can't complain
Nice.

Wish Phoenix were like that.

According to s4gru.com we are still only 74% LTE upgraded, despite having been "launched" as a market (at 40% I might add) in April 2014.

I have an iPhone 5. No Band 26 and no Band 41. Hence I am stuck on Band 25 (1900mhz). My market (Phoenix) was started in December 2012. 2.5 years later this is where we are with the majority of the hold up still being no fiber optic backhaul.

When you do not give contractors any incentive to complete on time or any penalties for taking too long AND you set up your backhaul purchases to be "just in time" you suffer the consequences and Sprint customers have been paying for it out here.

I know it's much better elsewhere (as per your screenshot) but I've been poking along at sub 0.5mbps on 3G and 0.5mbps on LTE for about two years now.

It's a relief to finally see the second tower where I work getting backhaul as it looks like we're still going to be stuck on Sprint.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion39 View Post

It looks like even though you get the domestic unlock, your Sprint iPhone5 won't get LTE on TMobile. You need B2 and B4. It doesn't support any of those. Upside is that, you could probably sell it on CL and pick up a GSM variant for not that much more money.

Well the thought had been just to get on T-Mobile. 4G and HSPA+ supposedly would still work as well as 3G. Once on T-Mobile then we could take advantage of their upgrades at some point. While much slower than LTE at least we'd have consistent speeds on a developed network. Versus crap Sprint 3G speeds and turtle LTE speeds.

If the Ferrari is in the shop, the family station wagon can still do 75mph on the freeway if you know what I mean.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion39 View Post
It's ironic how they needed that capacity/backhaul when the Super Bowl was in PHX, but it wasn't done then.

Upside is that Sprint finally seems to be improving nationwide
Yeah. It's funny. I think the whole Super Bowl thing was pretty bad. I say that because there was NOTHING commented about it over at s4gru.com. If they can't praise it, they don't talk about it. If it's bad, it's ignored.

----------

Quote:
Sprint has improved over the past year. It's just going slowly but it is improving.
Well, it took them a year and a half to finally get things decent at work. And I don't know if they were testing or not as I just noticed this on Friday.

At home it still sucks. We'll see. As I've said many times. It's getting better everywhere else except home and work!
eyoungren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:55 PM   #905
Darryjr
macrumors member

Quote:
Where are you located?
Westchester county NY
Old Mar 8, 2015, 05:49 PM   #906
madamelulu
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Westchester county NY
What?? I'm in NYC and My speeds are so slow. I wonder if it's my phone or something else.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	15
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	533639  
madamelulu is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2015, 06:02 PM   #907
Darryjr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamelulu View Post
What?? I'm in NYC and My speeds are so slow. I wonder if it's my phone or something else.
I'm in Yonkers
Old Mar 8, 2015, 06:28 PM   #908
Ke1ington
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
Nice.

Wish Phoenix were like that.

According to s4gru.com we are still only 74% LTE upgraded, despite having been "launched" as a market (at 40% I might add) in April 2014.

I have an iPhone 5. No Band 26 and no Band 41. Hence I am stuck on Band 25 (1900mhz). My market (Phoenix) was started in December 2012. 2.5 years later this is where we are with the majority of the hold up still being no fiber optic backhaul.

When you do not give contractors any incentive to complete on time or any penalties for taking too long AND you set up your backhaul purchases to be "just in time" you suffer the consequences and Sprint customers have been paying for it out here.

I know it's much better elsewhere (as per your screenshot) but I've been poking along at sub 0.5mbps on 3G and 0.5mbps on LTE for about two years now.

It's a relief to finally see the second tower where I work getting backhaul as it looks like we're still going to be stuck on Sprint.

----------

Well the thought had been just to get on T-Mobile. 4G and HSPA+ supposedly would still work as well as 3G. Once on T-Mobile then we could take advantage of their upgrades at some point. While much slower than LTE at least we'd have consistent speeds on a developed network. Versus crap Sprint 3G speeds and turtle LTE speeds.

If the Ferrari is in the shop, the family station wagon can still do 75mph on the freeway if you know what I mean.

----------

[/COLOR]

Yeah. It's funny. I think the whole Super Bowl thing was pretty bad. I say that because there was NOTHING commented about it over at s4gru.com. If they can't praise it, they don't talk about it. If it's bad, it's ignored.

----------

Well, it took them a year and a half to finally get things decent at work. And I don't know if they were testing or not as I just noticed this on Friday.

At home it still sucks. We'll see. As I've said many times. It's getting better everywhere else except home and work!
Sucks to hear about your refund situation. Have you considered just grabbing another iPhone 5 off craigslist and jumping ship to another carrier without having to purchase a new device? I was just browsing last night and found several that are still running iOS 6 (I know very well how much you hate the "unicorn puke").
Ke1ington is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2015, 07:23 AM   #909
Zaft
macrumors 65816

Quote:
what phone?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:08 AM   #910
eyoungren
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1ington View Post
Sucks to hear about your refund situation. Have you considered just grabbing another iPhone 5 off craigslist and jumping ship to another carrier without having to purchase a new device? I was just browsing last night and found several that are still running iOS 6 (I know very well how much you hate the "unicorn puke").
Yeah, that's the problem. The refund will most likely be entirely eating by stuff that we've had to wait to get to but need to get. Very little if any will be left over.

It's very frustrating, but at least Sprint has finally done something decent around work.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 05:46 PM   #911
madamelulu
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaft View Post
what phone?
Iphone 6.
madamelulu is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2015, 06:04 PM   #912
coldjeanzzz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
these speeds are perfectly fine...you're in a spark market so you could be getting better speeds, but i don't why you would call these speeds "so slow". you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference in speeds if you were getting 30/15 instead
coldjeanzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2015, 06:25 PM   #913
skiltrip
macrumors 68020

Switch to T-Mobile...

Old Mar 10, 2015, 07:03 PM   #914
solodogg
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip View Post
Switch to T-Mobile...
Yes...definitely the answer...
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	32
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	534083  
solodogg is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2015, 08:56 PM   #915
CEmajr
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip View Post
Switch to T-Mobile...

I agree but he already said he couldn't afford to switch at the moment so he has to suffer with Sprint a little longer.
CEmajr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:17 PM   #916
coldjeanzzz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEmajr View Post
I agree but he already said he couldn't afford to switch at the moment so he has to suffer with Sprint a little longer.
*edit
coldjeanzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:56 AM   #917
eyoungren
macrumors 604

T4GRU.com

I find this incredibly dumbfounding and highly entertaining.

Owner and founder of S4GRU.com creates this: http://www.t4gru.com/

And here I thought the management over there at s4gru hated any carrier that wasn't Sprint. Guess I was wrong!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 03:41 PM   #918
Ghosts
macrumors newbie

Thumb resize.

Sprint works great for me vv
Ghosts is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2015, 05:11 PM   #919
three
macrumors 6502a

Sprint has also dramatically improved in my area (Yakima, WA) in the past year. LTE coverage is much broader and available in more places (one of them being my place of work) and it's gotten much speedier. On LTE I can get about 45 down and 5 up in most areas. I'm pretty impressed.
three is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:16 PM   #920
CrimsonKnight
macrumors regular

Right, same here with sprint improving. No complaints.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	11
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	539129  
CrimsonKnight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:32 AM   #921
eyoungren
macrumors 604

Never mind.
Old Today, 01:06 PM   #922
eclipse01
macrumors 68000

I'm curious (serious question)

for the people that are complaining because they are getting LTE speeds of under 10mbs.

What would you need more then 10 for on a mobile device?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch > iPhone