Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

latinspice15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2012
I own an iPod touch 2nd generation 16 GB. I lost my old computer therefore all my music files were also lost, now I'm using it with a new computer and I need to restore it and update it to the latest update because I can no longer have apps because my last update was 3.3 and we all know that's too old.

The thing is, I have over 2000 songs and to download each song with my new computer is impossible, I just don't have the time. How can I somehow get the files from my iPod and into my computer?

I'd like ways that do not involve buying one of those softwares that do this. I'd like instructions on how to do it myself, if possible.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I had this same issue awhile back and although I didn't locate a solution here on this forum I did find software that will handle your exact needs.

Don't recall now what it was but I suppose it would be an easy task to locate.

Mdwall

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
There are free options too.... One of which is sharepod. Not sure it works with a touch, but I know it has save me a ton of time in the past.
A good source of info on this subject is ilounge as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.