Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who Can't Wait For Real Racing 3 To Be Released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RJ17

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
iPhone + iPad

Does RR3 sync gameplay data between the iPhone and iPad?

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
It's Finally Released!

Real Racing 3 has finally been released today! I absolutely love the game, and it brings me no disappointments! The graphics are fantastic and the gameplay is outstanding! I really like the Time Shifted Multiplayer, and the fact that you can challenge someone to a race one day, and they can race you the other. The game was put together wonderfully by Firemonkeys, and I greatly appreciate all of their hard work that they put into making this a great game! I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about the all new RR3!

Attachments

• IMG_0286-600x338.png
    IMG_0286-600x338.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_02882-600x338.png
    IMG_02882-600x338.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

lwapps

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
It is obviously a very high quality application. A lot of work has gone into making an app with those astounding graphics. However the freemium model is a bit odd and beyond most people's grasp!

Ljwinter

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I had to wait 2 minutes for engine upgrades....5 minutes for an oil change...But of course I could use real money to speed things up! Loved the first 2, deleted this one 6 races in. EA ruined a horrible series.

Tylercr16

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
I like the old style of Real Racing better than RR3 (freemium), however, it doesn't take away how fun the game is or how amazing the graphics are.

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
* Here is a guide to get the game without creating a New Zealand account.

1.Open iTunes
2.Click on your email on top and click there on "Account"
3.Now in the field Apple ID Summary click on "Change Country or Region"
4.Select "New Zealand"
5.Type in any address and chose payment option "None"
6.Now you have to agree all the Terms of Service
7.Search for "Real Racing 3" and start downloading.
8.Have fun!

* When you have finished the download and sync to your phone you can revert everything and change everything to your country.

It worked for me in the US, and the game is AWESOME!!!

Or you could just wait a few days for it to be released in your country.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Time Shifted Multiplayer is fake. It's not multiplayer at all. It's merely just a bot with a real persons avatar on it. The bots are sterile and don't act like humans at all. Switching Wifi off and playing offline allows you to play the AI which is much more aggressive, varied and realistic than TSM which needs its algorithms updated and optimised to a high level before it even gets close to being a decent mirror reflection of a real person.

mammal

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
Norway, Oslo
Anyone been able to start playing the game on one device, then continue on another? Can't really see the "save game progress in the sky" really work here...

Kositch

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2013
Air-Play?

Does anyone know, how to enable Air-Play in RR3? In RR2 it worked automatically when Apple TV mirroring was enabled. In RR3 it just mirrors the screen on TV, but it does not work like in RR2 (map on iPad and race on TV). Thanks anyone for some info about it!

prdlacky

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013
Does anyone know, how to enable Air-Play in RR3? In RR2 it worked automatically when Apple TV mirroring was enabled. In RR3 it just mirrors the screen on TV, but it does not work like in RR2 (map on iPad and race on TV). Thanks anyone for some info about it!

You can't. Look at previous page on my post..

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
Does RR3 sync gameplay data between the iPhone and iPad?

Not at this time - apparently it's 'coming soon' according to a post from a moderator on the firemonkeys forums.

I really enjoy this game - I've completed 60% of the 'Stock tier' and have more than enough money to buy at least one other car even though I've upgraded my Focus RS to the max.

Also, racing against friends in Time Shift is awesome - love seeing their game centre pictures as you fly past them.

Haven't been this addicted to a phone game for a while.

Last edited:

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
I got the app today and I really like it!
The only problem is that I can't win the Cup Races...
They are too hard for me, do you guys have any tips?

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
I got the app today and I really like it!
The only problem is that I can't win the Cup Races...
They are too hard for me, do you guys have any tips?

Re do earlier races and upgrade your car. This will build up money and your skills at the same time.

Also, turn off 'auto braking' or at least set it to low - you gain valuable seconds by braking late and smoothly in the corners rather than 20-30m before with the auto brake.

Kositch

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2013
Can someone clarify me please how AI of opponents works? When I play career, my opponents looks like real players (nick, photos), but they are too slow - is there some way to increase difficulty or play against better players?

Thanks.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Real Racing 3 Update Has Been Released!

The new Real Racing 3 update has added two new vehicles from Chevrolet (Camaro ZL1, and Chevrolet Cobalt SS), a new "Hunter" mode, Cloud save functionality, and more than 100 new events to play through! Today that update has gone live in the App Store!

Attachments

• Real-Racing-3-chevrolet-1.jpg
    Real-Racing-3-chevrolet-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 536

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Yeah and it seems to me that they snuck in more damages so you have to pay more R$ to fix your car after each race. Aka they want you to run out of R$ money so you have to pay real money

BigHam

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2013
Australia
There so many bugs in this new release its unbelievable! So many oddities the game didn't previously have. Events have weird text with things that say [null] and times are written like 00:45452 instead of 00:45.452.

And the cloud save functionality so far has not worked properly. Haven't been able to put my saved data from my iphone onto my ipad, rather disappointed with this...

It was a very rough and ready update, not overly impressed. And as adam044 said, it seems as though they've increased the damage one can receive to your car. Prices have for in game stuff has gone up... The freemium side of things is getting old... I might not play this game any more, might just fire up the PS3 and GT5.

<end rant>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.