Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iamgort

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
So I have my airplay/airtunes setup in the house in 3 rooms. I've tried multiple wifi channels and I always seem to get some sort of choppiness at some point while streaming audio using airplay. Is there any real solution to eliminate this? I know my post is somewhat vague but it's pretty annoying especially when you're entertaining to have your music chopping in and out.

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Are you initiating airplay from your computer or from the apple tvs? Are you on 5ghz wifi or 2.4? Wireless B, G, or N? How far away is your router from the Apple TVs? How many walls need to be penetrated? Can you run hard wires to them? What router do you have?

DaveTheRave

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Is there a minimum transfer rate / RSSI needed to have smooth audio playback via AirPlay/AirTunes?

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
What type of router is it?
It's most likely a crappy router or lots of 2.4GHz interference.

Try
Moving your router or ATV
Getting a new router, dual band is nice, MIMO a must.
Wired Ethernet to the ATV

----------

Is there a minimum transfer rate / RSSI needed to have smooth audio playback via AirPlay/AirTunes?

Your other thread indicates your attempting to bridge with an AirPort Express. You speeds will take a >50% hit and other flotsam.

Look into power line Ethernet for your wired devices, keep as much off the WiFi as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.