Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
You'll be so gla you did this experiment this week if you drop your phone.
I had to go back to a blackberry and that was horrible. So I can't imagine that little charm.

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
You guys make me feel old... Talking about the razor being an old phone.

I remember before the star tac come out. It was them" next big thing " in cell phones

The year was 1996.

My first cell phone was in 1993...

Yea I know I'm old.

Star Tac was my favourite phone for awhile! It looks like a spaceship..

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Was going through my drawer and I found this phone (pic below). It just blows my mind how far we've come. I thought hey, I'm glued to my cell phone 5-8 hours a day. Sometimes even 10-12. Why don't I try this Nokia for a week and see what I discover outside if my cell phone?

What do y'all think

Am I the only one that wishes cellphones were this small again? I had a Sony Ericsson T650 and it was the most perfect phone ever... Most amazing reception, charge would last for weeks, and it was indestructible. Perfect size for a phone too. At 30% volume the thing was almost on speakerphone. Clarity was crystal clear....... <sigh> I feel old.

:(

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
My fist day was yesterday and boy do I have a hilarious story for y'all. First a homeless person asks me if she can use it. I was like nah sorry. Then the same homeless person comes back with her friend and start complimenting it asking me where I got it. They both LOVED the phone hahahahahahaha!!!!

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Ok guys so I have been using my iPhone 5 a little bit here and there. Not going to lie.

I like my life better without it because with the nokia I am much more efficient and have a lot more time in my day.

But since its Saturday I thought I could switch to iPhone 5.

I will switch back to nokia in an hour or so.

vtran

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
maryland
i actually have done twice in the past year because its finals around this time of year so i try to cancel everything that will distract me and my iphone is probably the biggest distraction ever... last year i just signed up with ATT for the iphone 4s and now this year i sold an old iphone 4 so im going to get the 5. this time around, i was using my first ever cellphone (SE k800i) for about two weeks then i gave in and found my brother's old 3gs...

i didnt realize how much i depended on imessage or kakao talk to get in contact with my friends/work... plus there's no signal at work or school but there is wifi so of course using an old phone without wifi connectivity was pretty much useless. ive learned to appreciate my iphone and its not worth it to always get the latest piece of tech anymore.. cant wait for the new year so i can finally upgrade! the 3gs is pretty slow after coming from an 4s lol...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.