Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
If you set the default dark blue water background for the lock screen, turn up the brightness a bit, lock the phone, and swipe from left to right above the slide to unlock thing, using just a tiny bit of pressure, does your screen have these wave like things? It looks like screen is not seated properly or something. This happens anywhere on the screen really, if I use just a little force. When I say force, I mean just a little more force than you would use when you tap the screen. The waves look like these colorful bands like if you press too hard on the screen, but I am not pressing hard at all.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
If you set the default dark blue water background for the lock screen, turn up the brightness a bit, lock the phone, and swipe from left to right above the slide to unlock thing, using just a tiny bit of pressure, does your screen have these wave like things? It looks like screen is not seated properly or something. This happens anywhere on the screen really, if I use just a little force. When I say force, I mean just a little more force than you would use when you tap the screen. The waves look like these colorful bands like if you press too hard on the screen, but I am not pressing hard at all.

Like you're pressing through the glass to the LCD panel?

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX

no but if i set an autobot background, lock my phone. then make a figure 8 pattern on the lock screen it transforms into a robot

newskin

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Tried it with a bit of pressure but can't reproduce the wavy things op is mentioning. Sounds faulty to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.