Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmelick07

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
I have searched for an answer for this problem and tried everything suggested and so far nothing has worked. I use chrome and I run into sites that videos just won't load. For example The Verge and CNET. I have reset everything there is to reset in chrome and the problem still persists.

Anyone have any other ideas?

If it matters I'm running a 13' rmbp

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
I have searched for an answer for this problem and tried everything suggested and so far nothing has worked. I use chrome and I run into sites that videos just won't load. For example The Verge and CNET. I have reset everything there is to reset in chrome and the problem still persists.

Anyone have any other ideas?

If it matters I'm running a 13' rmbp

Ensure that Javascript is enabled. Not all sites demand it, but some do, and CNET is one of them.

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
Chrome was doing the same for me, so I removed it.

But another solution is to have 2 browsers installed. So keep your Chrome but load another browser for those websites that Chrome cannot play.

iThinksimple

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
cnet video is playing well on my Chrome, Ensure the Javascript is enabled on your chrome, and don't forget to update flash player to the latest version,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.