Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P. Glenn

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
Priority Mail, No Priority

Priority Mail sits for 6 days in MD, Your shipment is not a priority, defiantly not worth the money! Pick a private shipper. Stop USPS Saturday delivery, save the tax payer the money.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Priority Mail sits for 6 days in MD, Your shipment is not a priority, defiantly not worth the money! Pick a private shipper. Stop USPS Saturday delivery, save the tax payer the money.

No it doesn't. The tax payer only helps pay for congressional mailings and mail for the blind.

SirSac

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
@last post: I hope he did cause it was years before your post :p

I have a package coming from Miami ISC to Canada.

here are the current details:

Processed Through Sort Facility - February 14, 2013, 10:01 am - ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) - International Parcels
Arrived at Sort Facility - February 14, 2013, 9:58 am - ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
Depart USPS Sort Facility - February 12, 2013 - MACON, GA 31204
Processed through USPS Sort Facility - February 11, 2013, 10:36 pm - MACON, GA 31204
Dispatched to Sort Facility - February 11, 2013, 6:40 pm - STATESBORO, GA 30458
Acceptance - February 11, 2013, 5:41 pm - STATESBORO, GA 30458
Electronic Shipping Info Received - February 07, 2013

So, it doesn't help that the vendor didn't send the package for 4 days after they marked as shipped (which was 4 days after I ordered and called CS), but that has nothing to do with USPS.

It took 3 days to move to an ISC and depart the US. Its been in transit for a day, so I will let you know when I see action on Canada Post's side. currently it says that they have been notified and are awaiting receipt.

As far as USPS is concerned, their job is done when it's in CND Post's hands and I will consider that the delivered date. The shipping method was quoted at 4-8 days (and that is international priority) so maybe they have learned to extend their estimated delivery times. This one is looking like it will be right in the middle of the estimate.

Now just have to hope that Canada post doesn't fudge it up, not that they have for me before (even have consistently gotten me my packages 1 day faster than UPS).

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
I like usps pri, I think the mail is very reliable, much more so than 5 years ago. Truth is the ne is a mess right now, I'm seeing all sorts of crazies at my local PO coming in complaining that snowplows took down their mailboxes. Line was out the door today!

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I don't have much problem with the shipping service but I have a major problem with the service by the counter personnel in several offices around the Twin Cities. Those rude, lazy slow moving slugs behind the counter I've had experience with need tossed out on their arse...or better yet have some salt tossed on them instead. Let 'em foam.

I've had kinder, attentive service at the Chinese embassy in Chicago and at the Immigration office in Des Moines. Ok, I need another scotch.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I've had mixed results. Sometimes, everything goes as planned. Sometimes, nothing does. It's almost a coin toss when dealing with them. But at least in my experience, that's a far sight better than FedEx; they're on a naught for 6 streak for my packages. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.