Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Mar 1, 2013, 08:18 AM   #126
pivo6
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Demanding and assertive?

Seeeing as this thread was last active in Nov 2011, and the requested feature is still nowhere in sight, perhaps we should be MORE demanding and asertive? Not to mention the thread itself was started as far back as 2005.
Site changes, if they would be implemented, take a long time to come about. It just comes down to the judgement of the site owner.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 09:44 AM   #127
globalist
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
It's nowhere in sight because the owner doesn't like it.
And yet the owner is content to have it on toucharcade.com . Something does not compute here. Could it be just a case of random negligence/ignorance, rather than a conscious decision based on preference?

And are we going in circles yet?
globalist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:14 PM   #128
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
And yet the owner is content to have it on toucharcade.com . Something does not compute here. Could it be just a case of random negligence/ignorance, rather than a conscious decision based on preference?

And are we going in circles yet?
Considering that the TA forums are on vB 3.8.7 and MR's are on 3.8.6, and that MR has many, many more active users on a regular basis (MR = 13,043, TA = 1,077 both from a few minutes ago), I wouldn't be surprised if the TA forums were used, at least in a small way, to "test" out features such as this and to gauge the general response to them from users, with the ultimate goal being either to implement them here or to not do so.

Either way, as others have said, it's arn's decision to make and he's so far decided not to implement this here.

If you wanted your opinion heard, I think it's safe to say you've accomplished that.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:24 AM   #129
dejo

Quote:
My question was about the rationale for not having the preview by hover available and enabled by default...
I thought you said you'd like to see it disabled by default. My apologies, if you misspoke.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback