Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trogledyte Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Hi all,

I have a:
iMac 27 - 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB, 1 TB Fusion Drive, 680MX, Magic Trackpad, Wireless Keyboard (Belgium) - Apple TV 3 - Superdrive - Blu Ray Plextor PX-B950UE all runs on mountain lion.

But it seems that safe does not work?
Tried with resetting V and Pram also tried an other keyboard (USB) Disconecting all extras... nothing seem to work...
Any sugestions and help are welkom.

Regards & Thanks you!
Mac.

Trogledyte Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Version 10.8.2
When starting up with shift it does what must do but it stays at ⅓ of the processing for hours and hours...

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Version 10.8.2
When starting up with shift it does what must do but it stays at ⅓ of the processing for hours and hours...

So, other than this issue, it boots to OS X normally and works fine?

Maybe try a command-r boot to recovery and use Disk Utility to run a disk repair.

Trogledyte Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Thank you WeaselBoy :cool:

Its starts normally up (i think)
Did already some disk utility repairs but none via the boot recover... Gone try this later when i'm home.

Regards,
Mac.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thank you WeaselBoy :cool:

Its starts normally up (i think)
Did already some disk utility repairs but none via the boot recover... Gone try this later when i'm home.

Regards,
Mac.

I just ran across this threadin the Apple support forums. Looks like a lot of others are having this same issue with no real fix. Might be bug we have to wait for Apple to fix.

Trogledyte Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Thanks again WeaselBoy :)

Yes, it looks that there is a bug or something...
Did a try for safe mode after repairing with Disk Util. Spinning wheel for 40 minutes.....
All drive's are ok
And got only a permission issue with a .DS_Store.
Thanks for the info!

Regards,
Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.