Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
I plan on buying my ipod nano online. I would prefer to go check them out in person but time restrictions won't allow for awhile, and would like to make an order soon. With that said I can't tell if the pink is a true pink or not. I had the first mini, and have seen some old minis, where I liked the color pink, but the newer nanos, and touch ipods look salmon/coral like in color which I don't like, and have been leaning more towards the purple or blue. Can you tell me if I'm right or wrong? I've googled several pictures and most look similar to coral but I have seen some where they look darker.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
I'd describe it as a bit of a dark bubble gum pink colour.
If you want something sharp, I'd say go for red. It looks the nicest by far. My one regret it not getting my touch in red. The internet pictures made it look to blunt, but in reality it is by far the most superior!

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
So you'd say that it's has no kind of salmon color.. I describe salmon/coral as something with a hint of orange. Same way how the yellow looks a bit green. Yea, the red did look nice, a bit too "rich" for me though. Still very cute though.

mdehoogh

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
This is the best picture I've found. It seems to reproduce the actual colors fairly well, though with any digital image, the colors really depend on your monitor.

8032870389_9ed3a48a3f_z.jpg

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
This is the best picture I've found. It seems to reproduce the actual colors fairly well, though with any digital image, the colors really depend on your monitor.

Thank you soooooo much!! I was just about to look AGAIN to see if I can get a clearer picture. Those colors are so rich. I think I will get the pink. I didn't like that salmon look, so I was going to order both the purple and the pink and take one back, but IMO it looks like a pink with no orange tones. Thanks a bunch!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.