Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Mar 3, 2012, 02:02 PM   #1
MasterHowl
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to MasterHowl
"Sent Messages" not syncing from iPhone to Mac Mail (Gmail)?

Hello,

I've been looking for a solution to this all day and I can't find one...

When I send an email from my Gmail account on my iPhone, the sent message doesn't appear in my sent message on Mail (Mac). However, when I go on the web browser version of gmail, the sent message is there!

How can I get it to sync sent messages to my Mac Mail?

Thank you!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 02:16 PM   #2
swiftaw
macrumors 603

In mac mail, look in the Gmail folder, to you see a Sent Mail folder in there, does that contain those messages? If so, highlight that folder then select Use this mailbox for: Sent and it should then move to the top of the sidebar under the Sent category.
swiftaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 02:22 PM   #3
MasterHowl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftaw View Post
In mac mail, look in the Gmail folder, to you see a Sent Mail folder in there, does that contain those messages? If so, highlight that folder then select Use this mailbox for: Sent and it should then move to the top of the sidebar under the Sent category.
This is what I see in my Mac Mail, I'm not really sure what you mean? The "personal" is my Gmail account.

Thanks for the reply though!

Thumb resize.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 02:26 PM   #4
swiftaw
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterHowl View Post
This is what I see in my Mac Mail, I'm not really sure what you mean? The "personal" is my Gmail account.

Thanks for the reply though!

Thumb resize.
How did you set up your Gmail account in Mail? You seem to be missing your other gmail folders.

Log into the gmail website, go to Settings->Labels and see which folders have Show in IMAP checked, make sure Sent Mail is one of them.
swiftaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 03:14 PM   #5
MasterHowl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
How did you set up your Gmail account in Mail? You seem to be missing your other gmail folders.

Log into the gmail website, go to Settings->Labels and see which folders have Show in IMAP checked, make sure Sent Mail is one of them.
I deleted the other folders because they were annoying me... I set it up as IMAP
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:15 AM   #6
howardbrunswick
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Thank you! This was a quick and easy long overdue fix for me!
howardbrunswick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:43 PM   #7
mike2016
macrumors newbie

I have similar problem with gmail, but its on iPad / iPhone.

When I reply a message, the other idevice doesn't recognize it's replied.

Anyone have an idea how to fix it? Thanks!
mike2016 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:46 PM   #8
skoda21
macrumors newbie

Easy fix!!!

~I did it and have a fix! Itís extremely simple; My iPhone would NOT sync iMessage intuitively with my Mac. Itís now working perfectly. _ALL YOU HAVE TO DO_

Go to https://appleid.apple.com and make sure under phone numbers (Column on left side) you have your cell phone number filled out for all of the columns! Nothing will change other than the fact that iMessage will sync all messages from iPhone, under regular apple ID.

After you do that ^ CLOSE iMessage on your Mac, then reopen.

Let me know if this works for you, or if you need more assistance - skodaman08@gmail.com
Best of luck,
Taylor Skoda~
skoda21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 06:00 PM   #9
missyjoy
macrumors newbie

Help - I Can't Get It Back

SWIFTAF - I did what you said and clicked on "use this mailbox for" and now I want to undo it. How can I put my apple mail page back the way it was???
missyjoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps