Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:09 PM   #26
pollaxe
macrumors regular

Mine's cracked too - I've got to return it to the U.S.A. - not very impressive.
pollaxe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 01:00 AM   #27
Dr. B
macrumors newbie

Speck Case Macbook Retina Pro

4-5 months old; cracks in it almost immediately despite being stored in a lined case; Plastic is so brittle it doesn't last at all. Brand has a lot of cache; wears very poorly; Poor value for the dollar.
Dr. B is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:46 PM   #28
**FiaOwl**
macrumors newbie

Speck-Let-Down

I have that same problem...I also have a MBA 13" With my first Speck shell case i was okay bringing it to uni, no problem. I took care of it like it was a bomb given to me by the military for safe keeping lol. then a month later it started to crack and chip off the bottom edges of my laptop. I did not like that happening and it looked funny, like i have no care for it. So i decided to buy new one. I gave speck another chance so i bought the clear shell case. They bought cost me alot of hard earned money. now it is cracking at the same places again. I am pissed, and i have no thoughts of returning this item because if they give me another new shell, it would just be another waste of my time going back and fourth to that shop. Now my mac book is naked :P and im looking for a new case, im quite sick of these crystal shell cases and i found this site where it sells a "Oooops Puffer Jacket" For Apple MacBook Air 13-inch by Dr Jelly. I think this is worth more than the speck thing and im glad i came across this. If you want a soft case that will protect your laptop, i suggest you search it. Happy Googling xD
**FiaOwl** is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 08:52 AM   #29
neteng101
macrumors 6502a

I use this instead...

http://www.ipearl-inc.com/macbook_air2.html

The fit/finish is not super perfect - there's a bit of flex on the bottom case and the feet are just super cheap feeling and I don't use them, but absolutely ZERO cracks after more than a year, and it looks like it did the day I put it on.

Another alternative, but I haven't used them...

http://www.getuncommon.com/products/.../macbook13air/

But the Speck + MBA doesn't work.
neteng101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air