Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xDeathReaperx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2009
So I pressed the power button like 5+ times to turn it on and it finally turned on my MacBook Pro 2010 while I was charging it.

Then I noticed the Date & Time was like the Year 2000 and 4:00PM

also it lost my Wireless Network password.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Sounds like you ran the battery all the way down before putting it on the charger.

alekgv

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2011
me too

This just happened to me. My MacBook Pro just turned off. While charging. It was 91% when it went black and immediately was off. At first it wouldn't turn on when I pressed the button. But after about 15 seconds it booted up. It lost it's wifi password and it's clock was reset. What could this be?

yongyee21283

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012

hi there :) i'm a user of Intel based mac book pro (early 2011 model) and i have encountered the following issues:

1) 1 week earlier, my macbook experienced a very fast draining of battery when the adapter was removed (no external power supply).

2) after that, gradually, it couldn't be turned on without a power supply. (The condition is: when i plug in the source, my macbook pro will turn on BY ITSELF without me pressing the POWER ON button, or hitting ENTER).

Is this the same SMC issue as described here? Thanks a lot guys!!!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
1) 1 week earlier, my macbook experienced a very fast draining of battery when the adapter was removed (no external power supply).
There are many factors that impact your battery life. You may have had a process running that was consuming system resources and draining your battery faster. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
2) after that, gradually, it couldn't be turned on without a power supply. (The condition is: when i plug in the source, my macbook pro will turn on BY ITSELF without me pressing the POWER ON button, or hitting ENTER).
It's not turning itself on, as no Mac turns itself on simply by plugging it in. It's more likely waking from sleep. After your battery is drained completely, you may need to leave it plugged in and charging for a while before it will turn on. See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

yongyee21283

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
There are many factors that impact your battery life. You may have had a process running that was consuming system resources and draining your battery faster. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

it shows the battery health is just 2%! that means my batt must be changed, no? The funniest part about this case is the tech at the service center told me to change the entire logic board but nvr mention about the condition of the battery!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
it shows the battery health is just 2%! that means my batt must be changed, no? The funniest part about this case is the tech at the service center told me to change the entire logic board but nvr mention about the condition of the battery!
Did you reset the SMC? If so and your battery shows 2% health (as opposed to 2% charged), then it is definitely time for a new battery. I would certainly have the battery replaced before assuming something is wrong with your logic board.

yongyee21283

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
Did you reset the SMC? If so and your battery shows 2% health (as opposed to 2% charged), then it is definitely time for a new battery. I would certainly have the battery replaced before assuming something is wrong with your logic board.

Nope i didn't reset the SMC. I will make a trip to the service center again.

Thanks man!

Rigell

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2013
I have the exact same problem... Have reset both PRAM and SMC, but it crashed again. I have no idea what to do. Anyone know anything else I can try?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.