Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
I sold & shipped my mid 2010 27" iMac i7 today. I'm regretting it already. I love that iMac. One more month or so before I can purchase the next iMac. BTO pricing is going to break me! New iPad 4 on the way to keep me at ease lol

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
I sold & shipped my mid 2010 27" iMac i7 today. I'm regretting it already. I love that iMac. One more month or so before I can purchase the next iMac. BTO pricing is going to break me! New iPad 4 on the way to keep me at ease lol

VERY good move. Be patient.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
i became impatient... i am now a proud owner of a 15 rMBP. the screen is beautiful. the Apple rep told me i had until Jan 12th to return if the new 27" iMacs come out by then...

bmunge

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
i became impatient... i am now a proud owner of a 15 rMBP. the screen is beautiful. the Apple rep told me i had until Jan 12th to return if the new 27" iMacs come out by then...

I did the same thing. Loving the rMBP so far.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010

it is a pretty cool little machine. i have had mine for about two hours now...

getting use to the smaller real estate is a little hard but worth it

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Ahhhh, I'm in the same boat as you OP. Sold my iMac and I find myself gravitating towards the 15" rMBP day by day. And my iPad mini keeps me occupied as we speak.

What to do, what to do? :D

Sent from my iPad mini.

ka-spot

Suspended
May 23, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
Ahhhh, I'm in the same boat as you OP. Sold my iMac and I find myself gravitating towards the 15" rMBP day by day. And my iPad mini keeps me occupied as we speak.

What to do, what to do? :D

Sent from my iPad mini.

You can just wait few more years for the *new* iMac 2012 to come out from the bushes with his *new* amazing design and just buy one...

MacAndMic

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2009
How much did you get for it? I am moving to the dark side and will be selling mine in a couple of weeks.

I love my iMac but I spend 95% of my time in Windows due to AutoCAD so it's just more efficient to stay there. I still have my trusty MacBook though ;).

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010

Are you still loving the rMBP? I'm having second thoughts! Mostly due to the missing 27". I bought the base rMBP with 8GB RAM so I am thinking of returning to get the 16GB. I don't know maybe I'm just being stupid lol

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
well, just returned from my local Apple store. I am keeping my MBPr!!!! I've been going back and forth about returning it and buying a 27" iMac when they came out (missing my old one, somewhat). this was until i saw the screen of the 21" iMac. RETINA does change everything. so, i am having no regrets about my 15" MBPr purchase. I will purchase a Thunderbolt later...

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
well, just returned from my local Apple store. I am keeping my MBPr!!!! I've been going back and forth about returning it and buying a 27" iMac when they came out (missing my old one, somewhat). this was until i saw the screen of the 21" iMac. RETINA does change everything. so, i am having no regrets about my 15" MBPr purchase. I will purchase a Thunderbolt later...

But the Thunderbolt screen is the same as the new iMac, maybe a little bit worse due to the gap between the screen and the glass panel :confused:

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
But the Thunderbolt screen is the same as the new iMac, maybe a little bit worse due to the gap between the screen and the glass panel :confused:

true, but maybe Apple will have a Thunderbolt some time next quarter, that will be of a similar build as the new iMac. the lack of real estate on this MBPr is changing my computer habits, but when i need the extra screen i scale up which look pretty good.

i guess my point is i am really starting to love this MBPr since it was only going to be around (for me, since i bought during the holiday return policy) until the new 27" iMacs came out. the daily "buyers remorse" rather the "damn, i wish i had waited for the iMacs" has left my mind. the iMac at the store was really good looking but i really found that i wasn't missing as much as i thought granted it was a 21" i was looking at. Anyways, i've loved and never had any real issues with any of my Apple products.

my OP was due to me missing/regretting the sale of my first 27" iMac (fully loaded). now i am completely happy with this 15" MBPr. it was a seriously good purchase on my part. sometimes the grass is greener on the other side...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.