Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Hi

In my work I need to send e mail with a covering letter and an attachment - the attachment being a word processed document where 99% is standard and 1% may or may not be changed

The e mail which needs to be changed with the name ...address erc, could be web mail or using an exchange / mail client from a mail account

The attachment needs to be formatted but NEED not be M$ word, it can be any reasonably formatted document ( good enough)

The important question us can I achieve all this with an ipad or iPhone ?

Forget the typing difficulty, its very little typing here and the predictive text is superb in iPhone and I have crossed that but is the rest of it possible, ie the e mail , the attachment etc using an iPhone ?

I not know how to store these word or word processed documents on iphone , if stored on google drive , hiw to make minor changes when needed and e mail them with a covering letter ( covering letter needs change every time for the name of recipient etc )

Any ideas ?

Or should I have an unchanged attachment all the time ?

Thanks in advance

Free ideas welcome

If not paid ones are ok

Best regards

Subu

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
e mail with word processed (formatted) attachments from iPhone

Hi

• In my work I need to send e mail (from google, yahoo etc mail) with a covering letter and an attachment - the attachment being a word processed document
  • Attachment : 99% is standard and 1% may or may not be changed
  • Covering letter : 80% standard : 20 % always changed (name etc)
  • Both need decent formatting

Is this possible from iPhone ? if so What's the best app / best solution

When I use web mail on iPhone and say "attach", iPhone opens my camera roll !! how can I make it pick up something else ?

TIA

S

syd430

Not free, but DocsToGo retains the best doc/docx/xls compatibility. Quick Office has slightly less compatibility, but is more intuitive. Pages has the best interface and is the most polished and intuitive out the lot, but has horrible Office compatibilty beyond simple formatting.

I would't bother with free options if you value compatibility. They are all bad.

Edit: I think Quick Office is ipad only though

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks

So if I buy docs to go will it let me store Attachment and cover letter and mail the same ? Using web mail on an iphone ?

Now when I open web mail and try to attach something it opens the camera roll !!!

Regards

Subu

S

syd430

Thanks

So if I buy docs to go will it let me store Attachment and cover letter and mail the same ? Using web mail on an iphone ?

Now when I open web mail and try to attach something it opens the camera roll !!!

Regards

Subu

Yes you can store files within the app and send them via email. Has dropbox support too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.