Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
It is a rather large disparity...

so many calibration profiles for the LG thread, yet a total of 20 posts for Samsung's calibration thread.

Yes, looking at the posts seems like Samsung Panels are great out of the box.

I have an LG panel and after a few days of tweaking the profile, I got it to where I am perfectly happy with the colors and performance.

Its the shimmering text (text only) while scrolling thats driving me nuts.

skydesigner

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2011
The profile posted by IngerMan for the MacBook Air 2010 made my screen look really good. The colours and the contrast is perfect.

Thank's a lot for posting that profile.

doesn´t work for me. Black objects are getting too dark and are losing details.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Those profiles look waaaay too contrasty and saturated for me. I like color accuracy and the default profile looks great. It almost exactly matches my iPad and iPhone screens.

danistyping

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2009
Boston, MA
I've used the LG profile from the original macrumors thread about this and generally like it, but I have a question.

Have any LG people tried these samsung profiles? Any better?

I'm so used to the superior contrast of the 3rd Gen iPad that this MBA 2012 screen bothers me

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
I've used the LG profile from the original macrumors thread about this and generally like it, but I have a question.

Have any LG people tried these samsung profiles? Any better?

I'm so used to the superior contrast of the 3rd Gen iPad that this MBA 2012 screen bothers me

I looked at the profiles of my iMac since it also uses LG panels and lo and behold I had like 15 profiles there, lot of them by Nikon within a folder by itself.

So copied that folder to the MBA and now was able to choose the profile "Nikon for Apple Mac" and love it !

I must have installed some Nikon Software to get those profiles.

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
Here is my profile for a 2010 13" MBA.

Not really looking for color accuracy here. More for brighter and vibrant look based on my 13" MBP. The profile from IngerMan looks like it has a purple tint on my screen.

Question? Your posting these profiles based on a 2010 MBA which I'm not sure which onboard graphics it had but wouldn't that make a serious difference?

My initial impression is better since loading mavericks on here, but I'm still on the fence as too keeping the computer.

Update: Returning tomorrow. I put mine next to a friends who just got it and his is all stock and a samsung panel, just awesome next to mine.

Last edited:

rbfigueira

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
@IngerMan

Thanks for sharing the profile. I have the Huey calibrator, but not been able to use it since OSx Leopard (still no support for SL) :p

Been trying to calibrate my Samsung display on the new 13" MBA, without success. With the attached I can now see all the shades of gray. The OEM profile only showed the last 5. The colours seems to be spot on also. The only downside is that the contrast is a bit over the scale..

http://www.socomnutzclan.com/images/Brightness.jpg

For me this will be perfect if the display not turn more bluish. I see all the shades of gray but not work for me!

Here is a new profile. It's boosting contrast mostly, so super dark elements will appear very... dark.

But otherwise color vibrance should be better than the last one I posted. Sharpness should also be better (due to the boosted contrast). Try this one instead.

I like them both bill-p the problem is that we don´t see the all shades of gray, only two.

Can someone upload your result of calibrating screen (macbook air 2013) ?
Thanks!!

jalovcan

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2014
Here is my profile for a 2010 13" MBA.

Not really looking for color accuracy here. More for brighter and vibrant look based on my 13" MBP. The profile from IngerMan looks like it has a purple tint on my screen.

Hi!
I just chose this one for my MBA 2013 with Samsung panel and looks the most correct of all. Thanks for that! The factory yosemite seemed a bit yellowish.

Cheers,
J.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.