Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
ANYWAY...Instead of fighting about whose country is cooler because they're still using 20 year old technology....

How about download 6.0.2 .ipsw file, and load it in itunes. Since 6.1 came out yesterday, Apple should still be "signing" the older firmware, meaning you can downgrade.

If this is something you WANT to do. At least you'll get your 2G back.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
No.
He's playing a gig in Washington DC right now. No time for love, no time for snarky-internet-comment-posting.

Ahh damn I actually got excited for a moment

And wait for the 6.1 jailbreak.Download Sb or NC settings and disable 3G

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Yeah I might sign up to EE, especially since they have such wide 2G and 3G coverage, but I'll be waiting until prices drop and 4G rolls out to my area first, and I will need unlimited data so I'll wait until they can provide that because with unlimited LTE I really won't need broadband anymore at all :D

I was on O2 which had good coverage but, around my way at least, the network itself was unreliable.

I'll have to shop around and see what kind of data I can get, but last I checked no other network could match Three for data.

Obviously with EE you get 4G as well, thats a big thing. I won't be in a 4G area all the time, but if the prices start hitting the same-ish as 3G with mins and texts, then I'll be more obliged to get that. I live around 30 mins from London and go there often, it'd be nice to have 4G speeds!
And yes, my girlfriends on O2 at the moment, and whenever I don't get signal she still has some, seems pretty strong around my area as well.
I'm hoping for yours and a lot of other peoples sake, that someone like EE or O2 do announce a all you can eat data package soon, it would surely increase their own profit and possibly gain them more customers, whats to lose?

Justjay27

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2012
I actually work at a hospital where all I would get was Edge. But ever since the 6.1 update I'm getting 4g everywhere. Now just waiting on Lte to come to my area for att

jent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
On a 4S with iOS 6.0.1 I don't have the option for EDGE. Someone with iOS 5.1.1 should chime in. Or it may be a post-iPhone 4 thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.