Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:38 PM   #26
bozzykid
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverandalway View Post
T-Mobile has stated that if you buy the iphone your locked in to their service for 1 month or you have to buy yourself out.
Obviously since you can't get the phone without signing up for service unless you want to pay $650. If you sign up for service, you are clearly on the hook for that month but you can also get the iPhone at a reduced rate ($580).
bozzykid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 11:18 PM   #27
Christian 5G
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Skype™ to Christian 5G
I am interested in this thread, good idea about doing this, by putting SIM card after a month.. Like for me I use about 60 minutes a month talking that will save some money.
Christian 5G is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:05 AM   #28
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzykid View Post
Obviously since you can't get the phone without signing up for service unless you want to pay $650. If you sign up for service, you are clearly on the hook for that month but you can also get the iPhone at a reduced rate ($580).
Not as reduced as you think if you have to sign up for service because you are on the hook for that month of service. If you have to pay $50 for a month of service to get into that payment plan you ultimately only come out $20 ahead.

Or you pay the $70 and have it unlocked from day one do don't have to fuss with the second plan etc. double if it turns out the rumors of an account credit after so many months is true. Unless you are on the fence about T-Mobile service you'll be around the six months or so it allegedly takes to earn that money
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 11:17 AM   #29
sparrky
macrumors 6502a

Let us know how this works out, OP. I was going to buy directly from Apple but having the option to pay a bit less and $20/mo payments would be nice!
sparrky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:58 PM   #30
KeepCalmPeople
macrumors 6502a

Doesn't the 3GS have a regular SIM? Will you be able to cut it down to the nano SIM required by the 5?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 01:55 AM   #31
andyx3x
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepCalmPeople View Post
Doesn't the 3GS have a regular SIM? Will you be able to cut it down to the nano SIM required by the 5?
Yes, the 3GS has a regular sim. I wouldn't try and cut it down myself. Other people do so I guess you can. If you just buy the 5, they will activate the sim on the $30 plan if you have it.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrky View Post
Let us know how this works out, OP. I was going to buy directly from Apple but having the option to pay a bit less and $20/mo payments would be nice!
I've decided that I think I'm going to wait for the 5S this summer. Either buy it outright for use on the $30 plan or just pay the $20 per month until I can pay it off completely.
andyx3x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2013, 09:49 AM   #32
RotaryP7
macrumors 6502a

There is no contract guys but you will need to do a credit check to open a new Post-Paid T-Mobile account. The cheapest is going to be $50 plus taxes. Add the installments to the $50 and that is your monthly. Installments may vary.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone