Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Apr 20, 2013, 06:39 AM   #26
dwaynewilliams
macrumors member

I wouldn't switch from Verizon. I know that they are expensive, but they have amazing coverage and fast LTE speeds. I have switched from them several times in the past to go with other carriers and it has never worked out. T-Mobile was the worst. I couldn't get reception in a lot of places I traveled to. It was fine at my home, but not really good anywhere else. Sprint was the best in my house, but then there isn't LTE everywhere with Sprint and when it drops to 3G it is horribly slow. AT&T wasn't that bad. And I really didn't have the dropped calls that people complain about. The coverage just wasn't as good as Verizon.
dwaynewilliams is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 08:25 AM   #27
Sean76
macrumors regular

In NYC I drop about about 2 calls a day while being on at&t...

Near the Brooklyn and Manhatten bridges on the BQE, and while driving on the Belt Pkwy. It's a given to drop calls near these 2 areas for years already and is pretty annoying.

However on my nexus 4 with Tmobile I never drop a call in those areas, EVER!

Downside is slower Internet speeds, not like snail pace, but alot slower then at&t's LTE here in NYC. It's a trade off I guess until they launch LTE here. And yes there are still pockets with both carriers where you will see that dreaded E.
Sean76 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:16 PM   #28
DipDog3
macrumors 6502a

AT&T is getting on my last nerve

AT&T has great coverage for the most part, but their plans and fees are getting on my last nerve.

1. The extra fees have increased my bill by $10 over the past few months even though nothing has changed with my plan.

2. AT&T did away with the cheapest texting plan. So I am forced to buy a 1000 text plan even though almost all of my texts are iMessages.

3. I have a line that I use only for voice calls. If I put that SIM card into my iPhone, AT&T automatically adds a data plan to that line (even though the iPhone is unlocked and not an AT&T phone). So I am forced to use a dumbphone for that line.

If AT&T would come out with a plan similar to T-Mobile even at a higher price, I would stick with them, but AT&T is more interested in bilking their customers of every nickel.

Interactive Phone - Try out the new Virtual iPhone 5s (Download Code @ RedRome.com)
DipDog3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:24 PM   #29
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDog3 View Post
AT&T has great coverage for the most part, but their plans and fees are getting on my last nerve.

1. The extra fees have increased my bill by $10 over the past few months even though nothing has changed with my plan.
Is that just AT&T? every carrier does this.

Quote:

2. AT&T did away with the cheapest texting plan. So I am forced to buy a 1000 text plan even though almost all of my texts are iMessages.
They don't just switch you off. If you had it before and you didn't touch it, they let you keep it by grandfathering it in.

Quote:
3. I have a line that I use only for voice calls. If I put that SIM card into my iPhone, AT&T automatically adds a data plan to that line (even though the iPhone is unlocked and not an AT&T phone). So I am forced to use a dumbphone for that line.
This isn't just AT&T. TMobile, VZW, Sprint all do this. You can't just use a smartphone with dumbphone plan.
AutoUnion39 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 08:26 AM   #30
osofast240sx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion39 View Post
Is that just AT&T? every carrier does this.

They don't just switch you off. If you had it before and you didn't touch it, they let you keep it by grandfathering it in.

This isn't just AT&T. TMobile, VZW, Sprint all do this. You can't just use a smartphone with dumbphone plan.
Wrong I have a dumb phone line on a iphone 4 for my mom cost me $0 a month, one more reason to go tmobile
Old Jun 12, 2013, 08:49 AM   #31
Apple Trees
macrumors regular

Better run a trial with T-Mobile before porting your number. My girl has had them forever now and they're decent in cities but data is mostly 2G on the road when we travel while I have LTE 90% of the time with my Verizon iPhone 5.
Apple Trees is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone