Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Thanks again for your comments. The driver did not post a no delivery note, which is one of the reasons I know he didn't attempt a delivery. As for throwing a tantrum, it didn't happen, but if an individual is irresponsible, he should be held accountable for his actions.

Ignore the haters. I've had this happen to me. I had an office by my front door, and occasionally I'd be tracking something throughout the day, only to check and see that the package was "attempted to be delivered." No note on the door or anything, of course, because nobody came by. It's just... something that happens.

Ak907Freerider

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Thanks again for your comments. The driver did not post a no delivery note, which is one of the reasons I know he didn't attempt a delivery. As for throwing a tantrum, it didn't happen, but if an individual is irresponsible, he should be held accountable for his actions.

This is the silliest thread ever. Ya I went to mc Donald's and can you be leave that worker messed up my order!! I mean he didn't have anything in the bag that I ordered he didn't even look or try to get it right. I'm gonna complain and get $50 from the owner for my in convenience. Serious people??

Look the op got his item oh my gosh it wasn't even late it is a estimated date not a guarantee. If you want guaranteed delivery cough up extra for it. The op made out like a bandit he got a day off work, which I assume he got paid for on top of that made a extra $50 so he did just fine. There is a reason they say estimate date not guarantee date big difference.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
This is the silliest thread ever. Ya I went to mc Donald's and can you be leave that worker messed up my order!! I mean he didn't have anything in the bag that I ordered he didn't even look or try to get it right. I'm gonna complain and get $50 from the owner for my in convenience. Serious people??

I have to agree with the silliness except in this case it's even worse than your analogy...the way this went down you wouldn't complain to the owner of McDonalds that you were wronged, you'd complain to the farmer that supplied the beef to McDonalds.

Ak907Freerider

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
I have to agree with the silliness except in this case it's even worse than your analogy...the way this went down you wouldn't complain to the owner of McDonalds that you were wronged, you'd complain to the farmer that supplied the beef to McDonalds.
Lol yes ur right those farmers if they would just hire better people to deliver the meat.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
Sucks, but to me I would have waited an extra day for an extra 50 bucks.......unless you are without a computer and dying to get one right now. Haha, my Fedex guy didn't even get a signature, he just left it on my front porch

Slow Programmer

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
It is possible the driver went to the wrong house and no one was home. They are not perfect. It could have been a new driver, etc. Things happen.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
I was waiting, in my house, and checked the Track Shipment and noticed that 10 minutes prior, FedEX had noted that I wasn't home and didn't deliver!!! I called FedEX and she told me they had no way to get ahold of the driver, since that station was closed. I called Apple and complained and they gave me a $50 credit on my Imac order. Still irritated at FedEx. They guy just wanted to go home.

Jimbo ! I want to apologize for doubting you . it's easy to call into question someone's motive in cyberspace . Monday I shipped a $300.00. action figure to California from NY . just checked tracking info and this what it says .....

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested. Im looking at my receipt right now and I clearly checked the direct signature box . again I apologize and I will now quietly put my foot back in my mouth .

Last edited:

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
Jimbo ! I want to apologize for doubting you . it's easy to call into question someone's motive in cyberspace . Monday I shipped a $300.00. action figure to California from NY . just checked tracking info and this what it says .....

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested. Im looking at my receipt right now and I clearly checked the direct signature box . again I apologize and I will now quietly put my foot back in my mouth .

The receiving person can go on line, print out a waiver of signature form, sign it, and tape it to their door. I've done that a lot. It essentially lets the seller off the hook.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
The receiving person can go on line, print out a waiver of signature form, sign it, and tape it to their door. I've done that a lot. It essentially lets the seller off the hook.

I hope that is the case . wouldn't my tracking info state that. I sent her an email to let me know that everything is ok , yet to hear from her .

here is my tracking info .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 66

Puevlo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
If this driver was an employee of mine he would be fired on the spot. And further humiliated by having his belongings inside a box labelled "terrible person".

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ

Look the op got his item oh my gosh it wasn't even late it is a estimated date not a guarantee. If you want guaranteed delivery cough up extra for it. The op made out like a bandit he got a day off work, which I assume he got paid for on top of that made a extra $50 so he did just fine. There is a reason they say estimate date not guarantee date big difference.

It's more like if McDonald's marked your sale as complete, and told you to come back tomorrow and maybe they'll cook you a burger.

It's not about whether it was "on time" or not.. it's about the driver out-and-out lying about a delivery attempt. Remember, no note was left, so it wasn't as though the OP didn't hear the door.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
I was waiting, in my house, and checked the Track Shipment and noticed that 10 minutes prior, FedEX had noted that I wasn't home and didn't deliver!!! I called FedEX and she told me they had no way to get ahold of the driver, since that station was closed. I called Apple and complained and they gave me a $50 credit on my Imac order. Still irritated at FedEx. They guy just wanted to go home.

FedEx are insane eith policy.

While they do pay more than their union counterpart, they cost more and are good for telling that "attempted delivery" lie

I have been home waiting for a delivery and go to check the mail and when I open the door, it's a notice and they never knocked.

As for "you can wait another day" well

1. What if they pull that bull AGAIN the next day (not out of the question with them) or what if you had or took the day off because they said they were delivering that day, then they don't and you don't have what you waited for.

We need a law to hold them responsible and force someone from the organization to do a return trip when crap like that happens OR compensate us for ANY loss of income incurred as a result of their negligence

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.