Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you upgrade to the next ipad

• Yes, I want a faster processor

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Yes, I want the new mini form factor

Votes: 48 39.7%
  • Yes, I always upgrade

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Only if the processor is much faster

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • Only if it has a better camera or other upgraded feature

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • No, im happy with the 4

Votes: 34 28.1%

• Total voters

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
The new ipad 5--full size--will be an important upgrade. It will transform the ipad design from utilitarian to "wow's. Apple badly needs to imbue the ipad with some visible design cue to destinguish it from its competitors--similar to the way the all aluminum laptop rediefined that market

New hardware will be amazing, its the software which I am anxious to see.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I have an iPad 2 I still love it but I will upgrade it when new iPad comes out because I am more concerned about iOS update/upgrade might not work with 512 ram. :apple:

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Have iPad 3 and 4.

My 2.5 year old has the iPad 4. I may give iPad 3 to 8 month old. She's started to interact more with it. I currently use the LTE iPad 3.

If iPad 5/iPad mini 2 is released in 5 months than my 8 month will be older so I could justify buying new iPad for myself.

iPads are very mature products. Hard to justify another purchase when I have owned all 4 iPads. I returned the ipad mini unopened after playing with it in the store the first day.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
No. My mini is doing fine. No reason to upgrade quite yet. The A5 is holding up rather well and while the screen is sub par these days, it does ok for what I primarily use it far. Plus the batter is great. I'm at 3 days.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
What?

Okay...... :rolleyes:

I meant we are at generation 4 already at the iPad/ tablet market. It's a mature product.

I also was saying if both my kids take the 2 current iPads i own. That's the really only way I could justify buying another iPad.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
I had a iPad 2 32gb and got the 4 a month ago - also just won a Kindle Fire HD 7" a month ago - now I wish I hadn't opened it and sold it to buy a mini - it has a great (I mean great) screen and superior sound - but it is really small - the Mini is an inch bigger and I think that counts for something... I will probably look at the Mini if it gets Retina - but as for switching out my 4? Nah - I'll probably wait until the 6 - I like the even numbered iPads. It seems like they always get it right with the 2nd iteration.

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
the title is a bit off. it should be how many iPad 4 owners. not iPad owners.

remember, not all iPad owners have 4s. I'm still rocking a two and for me it's a no brainier. if you have a four you really don't need the next one unless the new form factor will dramatically change things for you.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Nope. Upgraded from 1 to 3 in January and from 3 to 4 last weekend. I'm good for at least a year. (Unless a retina Mini tempts me.)

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
I bought my iPad 3 at launch, its becoming my most favourite tech device...thats mainly down to the fact that its jailbroken:D so much possibilities...

So my answer is, No. I would not to want to upgrade to the iPad 5, unless there is a significant weight drop and the OS is improved A LOT, where as I don't need to jailbreak ...fat chance on the latter:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.