Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:10 AM   #1
gdourado
macrumors 6502

Best type of case to avoid scratches to iPhone 5?

Hello,

How are you?
If everything goes right, in a couple of hours I am going to pick up my new iPhone 5. It is going to be my first iPhone. After my experience with the iPad, I just couldn't resist an iPhone anymore...

The thing is I like my devices to look good and mint as time goes by...
I hear that the alumminium on the iPhone 5 can scratch easy, so I am thinking about buying a protection case for it...

The think is that there are many types of cases out there, from TPU, to Plastic, to Silicone...
I would like to know what is the best case to avoid scratches.

I also read that a case can actually produce more scratches, as the case gets some dirt inside it, between the case and the phone, that dirt can kind of act like sandpaper when you grip the phone.

Is that true? Is a case a worst idea? Is it better to use a front and back screen protector?

Cheers and please help me out here.
gdourado is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:56 AM   #2
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted

My kids (17 & 12) have iPhones. I make them use the Ottetbox Defender series. They get new phones every 2 years. Their phones look brand new after 2 years use inside the Otterbox.

I personally don't like how bulky it makes the phone, but IMO there is no better case out there to protect the iPhone. Therefore, my kids are forced to use them.

After 2 years, the cases are still going strong. The built in screen protector looks fairly marred, but the actual iPhone screen stays in mint condition. For 2 teenage kids, this is a true testament to the otterbox's ability to protect the iPhone in very harsh conditions.

I'm sure there are other good cases out there, I only have experience with this one. Highly recommend.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:04 AM   #3
lke
macrumors regular

The best option to have a perfect iphone is to avoid it to be near keys, coins, and other things that could scratch it inside your pockets or any place.

By following this steps you will have a perfect iphone for a long time.
lke is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories