Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Nope because I have a 4S which is the same :D
I tend to like the build quality of the 4/4S when compared to the 5 but it wouldn't stop me from buying an iPhone 5 if I had to.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
You left out two important factors besides the pointed out.

Thickness & weight.
No, read again the objection of the the abhinav7333, "freaking makes it look like a brick".

The weight of the iPhone4S has nothing to do with how it looks.

And as far as the thickness:
The iP5 is seven one hundredths of an inch thinner.
If that turns the iP4S into a brick, I will grant your premise.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
No, read again the objection of the the abhinav7333, "freaking makes it look like a brick".

The weight of the iPhone4S has nothing to do with how it looks.

And as far as the thickness:
The iP5 is seven one hundredths of an inch thinner.
If that turns the iP4S into a brick, I will grant your premise.

If one was nitpicking, like you are, then sure. It could be argued that the 4S doesn't necessarily "look" like a break compared to the 5.

In my opinion, the 5 does make the iPhone 4/4S look, as well as feel, like a brick, because the 5 is 18% thinner and has 12% less overall volume.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
All depends on what you consider a 'premium' feel.

sc001.jpg

or

Nikon+J2+digital+camera+lens.jpg

stoneland

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
I do miss the "feel" of the 4. I liked the glass design and the steel antenna band. I still think it's the prettiest iPhone :p I also liked the heft it had and the size was great for me. The iPhone 5 feels a little "cheap" to me when I take it out of the case I use. The aluminum just feels kind of "sloppy" compared to the glass. I'm not bashing the 5 by any means, but I do find the feel of the 4/4S better.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Like most in here, I got the iPhone 5 now. And it looks great. It feels great, and its very fast. However, a friend of mine just bought a brand new iPhone 4.

Long story short, I pushed him aside, tore the protective film of the front, and maaan, that feeling. That feeling is unmatched. And I kinda miss it.

If I was your friend I would have grabbed your iPhone 5 and smashed it on the floor, then proceeded to kick you in the nuts...

corvus32

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
USA
Like most in here, I got the iPhone 5 now. And it looks great. It feels great, and its very fast. However, a friend of mine just bought a brand new iPhone 4.

Long story short, I pushed him aside, tore the protective film of the front, and maaan, that feeling. That feeling is unmatched. And I kinda miss it.

Brand new iPhone 4?

They only sell the cheaper 8GB model now, and it feels different than the original IMO.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I'm amazed at how some of you guys trash whatever the last device was and herald the new device as now being perfect. Regardless of it's issues. You should go back and read all your endless praise for the 4/4S. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Welcome to the Apple fanboy lol. They are the same people that said the 3.5" screen was the perfect size lmao.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
I'm amazed at how some of you guys trash whatever the last device was and herald the new device as now being perfect. Regardless of it's issues. You should go back and read all your endless praise for the 4/4S. You're embarrassing yourselves.

I guess @Sedrick's comment got zapped.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I personally think the i5 feels so much more better and looks much more futuristic. The i5 is all around a superior design in my mind

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.