Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sun surfer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
I'm doing a large spreadsheet with many columns and hundreds of rows that I need to input info for. Each column is titled in the first row but the problem is that I necessarily am jumping around to input the info to various rows and unless it's one of the first few rows, I can't tell which column is which because the first row of column titles is not showing. As a lot of rows are similar numbers, this is a problem, so every time I have to scroll to the top and be positive which column I'm putting the info in.

Is there any way to make the first row stick so that even when you scroll, it stays in view though the others don't? Or is there something similar I can do to make titles for each row always viewable? Thanks.

yukio

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
i believe what you want is the icon directly under the Media icon at the top.

if you mouse over it - is called "Choose the number of header rows and when they display"

select the Repeat Header Rows on Each Page option from the pulldown.

sun surfer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
That's perfect! THANK YOU so much yukio! :D

It was under that option, it's the "freeze rows" option under that icon. You're a lifesaver!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.