Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chukronos

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2004
Colleyville, TX
My sources tell me that the 2013 ipad will have:

-"Retina Display" - I know...mind BLOWN!

-a weight increase of 2 oz. It is rumored that this additional weight is nothing more than Apple's way of improving user fitness levels. According to rumor site forums, many people struggled greatly to lift and hold the additional 2oz of the 3rd gen ipad. Since they will be stronger in a year, and easily be able to lift the additional 2 oz of the 3rd gen ipad, Apple is wanting them to be able to progress in their strength gains. This could help in the battle against obesity. However, my fear is that with the new weight, many people won't be able to lift it at all, and it will just become a desktop computer.

-It will be code named,"The next iPad" until it is officially announced. At that time, the name will change to, "The new iPad."

My source had to get back to the Magnolia theater - someone turned a TV up too loud. I'll get more info when I can.

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
I'd like to have an iPad that can do night vision and infrared using the built in camera. Now that would be cool.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Same Retina display for sure in the next iPad. Don't see Apple ditching it anytime soon. I would go as far to say that the Retina resolution will be the same for the life of the product as we know it unless Apple goes widescreen. Only minor tweaks will happen with the display.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hm i did not know this, i though Retina was the siht. And now you claim its actually just siht . :)

I believe i need to do some re-search on non apple pads!

Ignore him, he's just trolling.
http://www.displaymate.com/iPad_ShootOut_1.htm
But there’s more… the new iPad’s picture quality, color accuracy, and gray scale are not only much better than any other Tablet or Smartphone, it’s also much better than most HDTVs, laptops, and monitors. In fact with some minor calibration tweaks the new iPad would qualify as a studio reference monitor. So we have also awarded the new iPad the Best Mobile Picture Quality Award, which was previously held by the original Motorola Droid (not the more recent Droids, which all have poor picture quality).

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Ignore him, he's just trolling.
http://www.displaymate.com/iPad_ShootOut_1.htm
But there’s more… the new iPad’s picture quality, color accuracy, and gray scale are not only much better than any other Tablet or Smartphone, it’s also much better than most HDTVs, laptops, and monitors. In fact with some minor calibration tweaks the new iPad would qualify as a studio reference monitor. So we have also awarded the new iPad the Best Mobile Picture Quality Award, which was previously held by the original Motorola Droid (not the more recent Droids, which all have poor picture quality).

What any good is all endorsement you are saying when screens are tinted and I mean half a screen tinted and not up to par on quality. Apple can brou ha ha their horn all they want but did they flush the QC down the toilet?

There are flaws with These screens!

You can buy a Ferrari with all that horse power but when there is rust all over it, it taints the whole car....likewise for these "rustalutionary" screens!

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
  • iPad 4
  • 2048x1536 IPS display w/ anti-reflective glass
  • Dual-core or quad-core Cortex A15 (32nm)
  • Dual-core PowerVR SGX600 series graphics
  • 1GB LPDDR3 RAM
  • 32GB/64GB/128GB storage
  • Slightly better battery life
  • Better front facing camera, and better rear facing camera

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
What any good is all endorsement you are saying when screens are tinted and I mean half a screen tinted and not up to par on quality. Apple can brou ha ha their horn all they want but did they flush the QC down the toilet?

There are flaws with These screens!

You can buy a Ferrari with all that horse power but when there is rust all over it, it taints the whole car....likewise for these "rustalutionary" screens!
Vocal minority coming to the forums with issues is not representative of the majority, or of Apple's QC at large.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/04/02/changewave-82-of-new-ipad-owners-are-very-satisfied/
  • 98% were either satisfied (16%) or very satisfied (82%) with their new toy
  • What they liked best "by a landslide" (75%) was the high-res display
  • 89% said the much-publicized heat issue was either not a problem or something they had never experienced

----------

• iPad 4
  • 2048x1536 IPS display w/ anti-reflective glass
  • Dual-core or quad-core Cortex A15 (32nm)
  • Dual-core PowerVR SGX600 series graphics
  • 1GB LPDDR3 RAM
  • 32GB/64GB/128GB storage
  • Slightly better battery life
  • Better front facing camera, and better rear facing camera
If they do that, I will cry :(, because I would have to break out the CC again for another purchase. I want iPad 3 to last me across 2-3 gens.

nicoplanet

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
France
Vocal minority coming to the forums with issues is not representative of the majority, or of Apple's QC at large.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/04/02/changewave-82-of-new-ipad-owners-are-very-satisfied/
  • 98% were either satisfied (16%) or very satisfied (82%) with their new toy
  • What they liked best "by a landslide" (75%) was the high-res display
  • 89% said the much-publicized heat issue was either not a problem or something they had never experienced

Unfortunately, people were not asked about screen issue(s) (homogeneity or yellow hue). This is probably why this doesn't appear on the survey too... :)

krs1demian

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2011
Seattle
you guys act like anyone that would come to this thread has the 3... chill :cool:

I def was already thinking about the 4 the moment I realized I wouldn't be purchasing the 3..

awair

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Why ask about the iPad 4...

Just enjoy your '3'!

I'm still enjoying my '1', and successfully avoided upgrading to the 2.

The reason I came to this thread, and I suspect the same holds for a few of us, is to find out whether to get the new iPad or hold off for what now seems to be an annual release.

There's no doubt that the 3 is 'better' than earlier models, but it is not a cert for an upgrade. I'm already wondering if I can last through to the 5.

Features that would tempt me are:

1) Lower price - I just convinced 2 family members to get the new iPad2. At a saving of $100 it is much more appropriate to their needs.
2) More flexibility with storage (iOS limitation). I bought the 64GB for my photos, only to find that iTunes 'optimised' them to a lower resolution.
3) Better file transfer/charging. Such as a MagSafe thunderbolt connector that can read & WRITE to external media.
4) Legacy support for older models. There's no reason why iPhoto should not be allowed to run on the original iPad (and indeed it does, after jumping through a few hoops).
5) iOS consistency across devices/carriers. I have an unlocked iPad, why can't I tether my 3G plan. (This would knock an item off my MBA wish list). Also where is the Clock (Alarm) app & the Calculator...
6) A minor issue - where is SMS support for the 3G model?
7) The wild card - allowing your own Mac to act as a private iCloud. We should be paid to take the load of the public servers!

I use the Seagate GoFlex Satellite for additional media storage, but the Cloud just isn't fast enough for routine use, or cheap enough for roaming consideration.

awair

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Not sure if it's the iPad 9 or 10 that will have this, but...

Inductive charging & sync - no cables at all.

Two models only, black or white, no internal storage - all models have an advanced WiFi/4G replacement that is fast enough to render obsolete the idea of local storage.

Apple says this will be their:
last hardware device ever, due to sales falling below a billion annually,
and the apparent desire that everyone has for the recently introduced 'quadri-focal spectacles';-)

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
I's time for Apple to continue pushing the Storage lead. I'm hoping for a 128gb iPad next year. Processor is a given seeing that the new one is hardly an update from the 2. The GPU update was necessary to drive the Retina. And it'll be interesting to see how the battery life will evolve as well as the thickness. More processing power means battery efficiency will take a hit. LG has came up with a Quad Core chip with a lesser powerful fifth core to handle background processes for better power efficiency. I won't be surprised if that will be the norm in most tablets next year.

chilly7

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
I agree! This was my only disappointment with the last iPad event. No new iOS news. iPhoto is pretty sweet - but I really wish iOS would use the iPad's large screen in a better way.

they may bring a new OS later like they did with I Pad 2

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
With the "cloud"...

I don't think that we will ever see size increases in iPad storage. That would be counter-productive to be honest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.