Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gri

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
New York City, aka Big Apple
Yellow screen is okay, the problem is when only half the screen is yellow and the rest is another color :(

Not if your 2 year old iPad 2 looks better and crisper in color then your 0 day old iPad 4 (Retina display, hate their new naming of the iPad, stupid idea). I switched both on, went to the same webpage and asked my wife which one would be the newer one - sure enough she pointed to the iPad 2. And I paid $800 to get an inferior screen compared to the old device??

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
My iPad 3 bought online and delivered to the Apple store launch day had a beautiful bright, bluish-white screen with no issues. I'm gifting that one and purchased an iPad 4 from the Apple store with a yellow tint on one side. I returned it and ended up with 2 more from the Apple store with various yellow tint issues. All were black and had Verizon 4G. The first 2 were 64 GB and the third time I got 32 GB to see if it made any difference. I was ready to give up and then bought a white, 64 GB without 4G from Best Buy and got a perfect screen. It is a warmer screen than than the one on my iPad 3 but perfect white with no yellow tint anywhere and I prefer it to the bluish-white screen - easier on the eyes. I only mention that it came from Best Buy because of previous posts. I really think it is just the luck of the draw, but the yellow tint is definitely an issue and those who think it isn't were just lucky the first time or aren't very picky. This is the first time I have returned an Apple product for any reason.

Raftysworld

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Interesting observation: No one with a "white" screen has actually posted a picture yet.

nehope

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
Will this do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 118

nehope

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
What does that mean? The screen capture is exactly what I'm looking at. I've owned all generations of the iPad and now the mini and except for a dead pixel on my very first one, have never seen any of these "issues." No light bleeding, no pink or yellow tint, no scratches or dings I haven't put on it myself, so these discussions really amuse (sometimes annoy) me.

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
Isn't the yellow tint thing an issue with every new apple product in high demand until people just determine the glue hasn't completely dried yet?

Infinite Jest

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Harrisonburg, Va
I'm weighing whether or not I should attempt a warranty replacement for a yellow splotch on the bottom left corner in portrait as well as yellow running up the left side. I tried the towel trick for around 24 hours of combined time and it didn't do anything. Do you think they'd hold my original tablet in case I go through a few replacements and they're all worse than this one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.