Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiinginNJ

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2009
Oh my goodness.
This exact same thing is happening to me. It is the most annoying thing ever.
They've called me 6 times, and leave a voicemail every time, saying that this is my "last chance".
Then they call again. :mad:

just answer, get to an operator, and ask to be removed from the list, worked like a charm for me

bina12834

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
the 000-000-0000 called again last night, but this time left a voicemail......it turned out to be an auto phone call from Verizon to confirm an appt i have with them to look at my DSL....

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
just answer, get to an operator, and ask to be removed from the list, worked like a charm for me

I wish that were true for me. I've waited for an operator several times, and have asked them to remove my number. They are always pleasant and say "of course, we are sorry to bother you".

But sure enough, a few days later from a DIFFERENT NUMBER I get the exact same call. Frustrating when companies like this are mere scam artists full of greed and have no care for a fellow human being over that of money.

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/528.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/528.16)

Oh for crying out loud:

http://******.com/?q=phone+number+000-0000

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
weird i get that number every time i get a call from Sara Lee Chocolate Chip Cookie Factory located in Missouri.

bina12834

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/528.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/528.16)

Oh for crying out loud:

http://******.com/?q=phone+number+000-0000

oh, ****....i didnt ask where the number was from....i just asked who else has gotten a call like that. and obviously i knew it was a blocked call....i didnt think someone actually had the phoen number 000-000-0000

JMax1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
Harlem, NY
Oh my goodness.
This exact same thing is happening to me. It is the most annoying thing ever.
They've called me 6 times, and leave a voicemail every time, saying that this is my "last chance".
Then they call again. :mad:
Ah well.
But yeah, it's a masked number, nothing to worry about.
Or perhaps it was a prank from one of your friends, with one of those Spoof Caller ID apps on Cydia.:p

Whenever I get those they always have an (800) number, or some other toll free number, and sometimes I get an actual area code too (Always NC or IW area codes....someday I'm gonna find them). ANytime I get one of those I add it to my contacts of "Possible Telemarketer" name. That's helped me a bunch.

bcflook

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
I get this call finally decided to answer said they were from DC. Saying I was approved for a grant!!! Idk what to believe anymore

bcflook

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
It's probably Skype cause international calls have + and more then 10 digit numbers this is 10 digit all 0

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Got this call at 10:30 last night. It was a recorded message that my debit MasterCard account has been frozen for security purposes and to press "1" to speak to someone to get it unlocked.

Of course I immediately thought "scam" since I don't have a debit MasterCard, nor do I do business with the bank mentioned (I can't remember the name, but I hadn't heard of it). I googled "calls from 0000000000" and quickly confirmed the scam. Others have commented that if you fall for it and try to get your account unfrozen you are asked to give credit card info.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
is this for real? That's cool!

If it's "cool" that the District's area code is 202, then yes, that's cool. (the remainder of the numbers depend on the switchboard and where in the WH the call is originating from it's not 000-000)

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
I actually work in telecom so this is a pretty simple explainable answer

There could be tons of reasons but my guess is that many people are setting up VoIP systems on their own these days, with absolutely no experience. It's very easy to change the outbound Caller ID number. Either they tried to block it out or simply set it up the wrong way. If it was intentional - then probably just a telemarketer or something. Nothing to worry about.

heq2011

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Got this call at 10:30 last night. It was a recorded message that my debit MasterCard account has been frozen for security purposes and to press "1" to speak to someone to get it unlocked.

Of course I immediately thought "scam" since I don't have a debit MasterCard, nor do I do business with the bank mentioned (I can't remember the name, but I hadn't heard of it). I googled "calls from 0000000000" and quickly confirmed the scam. Others have commented that if you fall for it and try to get your account unfrozen you are asked to give credit card info.

I got a call this morning with the same recorded message. I couldn't make out the name of the bank but it didn't sound familiar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.