Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amad3U5

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Sydney
This is gonna seem like a stupid question but...
You know the light on the Magsafe adapter? When it goes green, does it mean that the laptop has stopped charging? Or does it just mean that the battery is full.

If leave my laptop off and charging over-night, will it stop charging once it reaches 100%?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
This is gonna seem like a stupid question but...
You know the light on the Magsafe adapter? When it goes green, does it mean that the laptop has stopped charging? Or does it just mean that the battery is full.

If leave my laptop off and charging over-night, will it stop charging once it reaches 100%?
Yes, the green light indicates the battery is fully charged and that charging has stopped. It will always stop charging when fully charged. It cannot overcharge.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Amad3U5

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Sydney
Yes, the green light indicates the battery is fully charged and that charging has stopped. It will always stop charging when fully charged. It cannot overcharge.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

So I can leave it to charge overnight and not have to worry about damaging the battery?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
So I can leave it to charge overnight and not have to worry about damaging the battery?
Correct. Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.