Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Can anyone recommend me a nice optibay on amazon.co.uk which will fit? I am using a MID 2012 MBP (non Retina).

Thanks guys, if you know any other stores make sure they are from the UK!

can't wait to get an SSD in my MBP.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-Stor-...IS30/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1354805279&sr=8-4

This should suffice.

Also I bet with the 2012 cMBP the Optibay SATA connection will be SATAIII since it's Ivy Bridge. (2011 was SATAII for the optibay and SATAIII for the main port).

A word of advice...put the SSD in the main slot and install OS X on that then move the HDD to the optibay and use it a storage for large media, etc.

Nice little tip mate, i'll give this a purchase and carry out your recommendation : )

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010

This should suffice.

Also I bet with the 2012 cMBP the Optibay SATA connection will be SATAIII since it's Ivy Bridge. (2011 was SATAII for the optibay and SATAIII for the main port).

A word of advice...put the SSD in the main slot and install OS X on that then move the HDD to the optibay and use it a storage for large media, etc.

Quick question: How do I install Mountain Lion? I purchased it off of app store and don't have a USB drive for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.