Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
Hey guys,

In my spare time I do a lot of graphic design work and i've just moved house so looking at getting a new desk.

Whats the best desk you guys have found/use?

Cheers

grizfan

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2012
Boise, ID
This thread might help. I too am in the market for a replacement desk. I'm considering the Ikea Galant corner desk. Ikea has a wide range of options, and you can mix n match different components to get something customized to your need. That is assuming you have an Ikea store nearby.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
This thread might help. I too am in the market for a replacement desk. I'm considering the Ikea Galant corner desk. Ikea has a wide range of options, and you can mix n match different components to get something customized to your need. That is assuming you have an Ikea store nearby.

I used to have the Galant and LOVED it. It was insanely sturdy.

Sadly due to a bad back I had to get rid of it and switch to a standing desk but I still miss it. It had an enormous amount of room.

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I just recently switched to a large flat surface. No storage, nothing special and I love it. Ikea VIKA table top and MOLIDEN underframes.

I think that's the desktop I have as well, no idea what legs I chose as I don't think I could pronounce them ;)

I think I paid $37.50 + tax for the entire thing though...not a bad deal.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I have two of these behind me: http://www.versatables.com/products/deluxe-height-adjustable-computer-table/

And I have a custom modular office desk that I work on. It's extra deep to allow the computer to sit away from me and allow plenty of space for Wacom tablets, scratch paper, laptops, old drink cans to fit.

Google modular office furniture to give you some idea of what I use.

My desk has two iMacs, one MacMini server, Macbook Pro, chromebook and a windows acer computer.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I think that's the desktop I have as well, no idea what legs I chose as I don't think I could pronounce them ;)

I think I paid $37.50 + tax for the entire thing though...not a bad deal.

I bought the larger surface and with the legs it was about $100. Well worth it though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.