Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knowash

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
I have a jailbroken iphone 4 running ios 6. I want to get weather on my lockscreen but with every weather widget winterboard theme, I run into the issue of not getting any of the native email, sms, reminder etc notifications with the enabled theme on lockscreen. Is there a way to keep both?

Apologies if it is a repost.. checked many places but didnt find a solution to this.. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

neno1978

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
I'm in the same case. Animated weather in lockscreen kill notifications. Help please!!

ISOHaven

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
I'm in the same boat now. iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1 and winterboard installed.

With any theme turned on I get no lockscreen notifications. Turn the theme off and the notifications come back.

Just gotta wait for winterboard to get updated I guess.

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee

With any theme turned on I get no lockscreen notifications. Turn the theme off and the notifications come back.

Same issue here. I SSH'd my old Revi-KRS theme from my iPhone 4S onto my iPhone 5 and now notifications are gone from the lock screen.

ISOHaven

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
I wish Cydia pages would load quicker. Some of the info doesn't pop up until after a good 30 seconds. I went back to Cydia to get a support contact for Winterboard and finally saw this message:

Known bug on iOS 6: notifications do not show up when using HTML lockscreens. saurik will look into this.

So at least they know. Now just gotta wait.

EDIT:
The apps last update was Feb 2, 2013....so at least we know it's still being worked on.

zasur1399

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011

Same thing here. I have a 4s with 6.1. Winterboard doesn't show ANY notifications. Please help. I need my snooze button back!

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
same boat! installed my 1st lockscreen. all went fine. i went to sleep. until morning came... my alarm went off at 8am as usual... loved looking at my new lockscreen when i woke up... love quickly turned into annoyance... NO SNOOZE BUTTON!! NOOOOOOO.... :D:D

looked around n came across this. atleast im relieved i dint mess up my jb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.