Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camnchar

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
For real, I think he owes the Jobs family for sticking them with such an ugly boat..

The only thing I can think of is that some function (not tipping over in rough seas?) trumped form in this case. But then I can't think of any other case where Steve preferred function over form.

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
im certainly sure it makes someone like yourself feel better to say that. even to believe it.

Ask the Woz... Read Steve Job's "official" biography, it's quite evident in there.

I'm sure it makes you feel good to worship Steve Jobs and not accept his character flaws... :)

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
You are 100% wrong, but your massively insecure ego won't allow you to acknowledge that, and must overcompensate with delusions of grandeur and superiority.

Or he's trolling. Judging by his responses to people here, I'd put good bets he's just being a troll and is laughing at everyone responding at him (or in otherwords, it's useless to argue with him cause all he really wants is to see people get riled up and honestly could care less about what he's arguing. You're better off ignoring him).

DarthMoops

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
Baltimore MD
He was paid for his service, not for a goods exchange. The designer had a verbal deal with Jobs. Jobs died. Designer continued to work without signing a contact with the estate holders to firmly establish his fee in writing. Cries when he doesn't get as much money as he thought he deserved.

I find it kinda hard to feel sorry for him.

I believe I can help.

Think of it being similar to when Max Rockatansky offered to bring the wounded settler back to the safety of the oil rig compound in exchange for a refill of the gas tanks on his Pursuit Special. Alas when Nathan died, Papagallo noted that the contract died with him. Thus not only does he not get the gasoline*, he doesn't even get his car** back!

*The money he thinks he's owed.
**Any respect he might still have had after designing that butt ugly boat.

Starck's best hope is if 3 days ago he saw a tugboat that'll pull that monstrosity out to sea where it can be put to some good use as a practice target for the French Navy.

di1in

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
High earners in France are taxed at 75% of their income.

Why do people think this thing is ugly? I don't think it is.

Yea, I just read about the people benefits of this tax and now I understand that it's a very good thing.

NewbMacGuy

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2011
Multi million dollar deal and no contract? Smells fishy to me. I would have to agree that thing is ugly! LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.