Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

View Poll Results: Who Did You Vote For For President
Republican 35 28.46%
Democrat 62 50.41%
Independent 10 8.13%
Other. Explain 16 13.01%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:28 PM   #176
Peace
macrumors P6

Two days left to vote kids.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:41 PM   #177
Rodimus Prime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Two days left to vote kids.
depends where you are. In Texas for example the only day left to vote is Tuesday as early voting as ended.
Rodimus Prime is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:51 PM   #178
myrtlebee
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime View Post
depends where you are. In Texas for example the only day left to vote is Tuesday as early voting as ended.
I'm pretty sure he or she means there are 2 days left until we vote... but maybe not? This phrasing is confusing.
myrtlebee is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:51 PM   #179
A Hebrew
macrumors 6502a

Voting for Gary Johnson. If it were between Romney and Obama it would be Romney though, just because I think Paul Ryan brings him up a notch.
A Hebrew is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:20 PM   #180
myrtlebee
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Hebrew View Post
Voting for Gary Johnson. If it were between Romney and Obama it would be Romney though, just because I think Paul Ryan brings him up a notch.
You think Paul Ryan is an asset to his campaign? Curious-- did you think the same thing about Palin in '08?
myrtlebee is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:32 PM   #181
A Hebrew
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtlebee View Post
You think Paul Ryan is an asset to his campaign? Curious-- did you think the same thing about Palin in '08?
Yes.

Did I particularly like her? No.
A Hebrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:40 PM   #182
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Yes.

Did I particularly like her? No.
She is what part of what SUNK the 2008 campaign. (Obama and the legacy of Bush being the other two legs of that triad). Anytime a candidate is made to look the fool it's not a good sign. Romney has this problem as well. The office is POTUS and VP not court jester. If they were running for court jester, they would have that position in the bag. Sadly for them, that is not the position they are applying for.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:15 AM   #183
myrtlebee
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Yes.
Hahaha. I'm sorry, I can't help myself, but okay, I am glad you clarified - if these are the kind thoughts where conservatives are getting their confidence for a win, it gives me some more hope for tomorrow. Thanks for that!
myrtlebee is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:34 AM   #184
leenak
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeTheSwitch View Post
She is what part of what SUNK the 2008 campaign. (Obama and the legacy of Bush being the other two legs of that triad). Anytime a candidate is made to look the fool it's not a good sign. Romney has this problem as well. The office is POTUS and VP not court jester. If they were running for court jester, they would have that position in the bag. Sadly for them, that is not the position they are applying for.
I agree, I think McCain would've been president if it wasn't for Palin. Sure, she had her supporters on the right but the moderates weren't having any of her.
leenak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:15 PM   #185
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenak View Post
I agree, I think McCain would've been president if it wasn't for Palin. Sure, she had her supporters on the right but the moderates weren't having any of her.
Exactly. There is a house a few doors away, hardcore Republican, and even they could not stand Palin being on the ticket. They literally ripped her name off of their yard sign leaving only McCain on it for all to see.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:19 PM   #186
gramirez2012
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to gramirez2012
Voted dem across the board. America doesn't need any more psychos calling the shots.
gramirez2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:59 PM   #187
iShater
macrumors Demi-God

Obama for President.

I mostly ended up going dem this round except for the State attorney. I actually left a few blank because I didn't have a preference.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenak View Post
We had that discussion over lunch today. Everybody agreed on the table that it would have been either McCain, or a tough decision for them if it was for Palin. The idea of her becoming president if the old man bought the farm was just to scary.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:49 PM   #188
szark
macrumors Demi-God

I chose "other".

I vote for people, not political parties.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:10 PM   #189
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by szark View Post
I chose "other".

I vote for people, not political parties.
Laudable, but Mr. Smith Goes To Washington is fiction.

Most, if not all, are co-opted by the political machines they represent.

It is a thoroughly nasty business, all round.
iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:56 PM   #190
szark
macrumors Demi-God

But what THEY do is irrelevant to how I choose to vote.

I vote for the person I think will do the best job and who best represents my beliefs on how the country(/congress/city/etc.) should be run. I don't vote for anyone simply because they are a member of a specific party - in fact I vote for them in spite of that.

I do understand that any party membership is bound to influence the candidate, and try to take into consideration how that will affect their views.

I'd prefer to eliminate party politics, and make each candidate list their views on the major issues of the day. No, it's never going to happen, but nothing will ever change unless people dream of better solutions.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:13 PM   #191
StruckANerve
macrumors 6502

Gary Johnson all the way. It's pretty sad to see the country deciding between two War-mongering, Wall Street tools.
StruckANerve is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues