Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Would be great if someone can tell me how can i place a facetime call to a specific number or email :confused: i cant remember if i had this issue on beta 1 but now i dont seem to have the option to select a number or email when i click on facetime either on contact app, phone app and even the facetime app, when i click facetime it just start the call.

Thanks.

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
Would be great if someone can tell me how can i place a facetime call to a specific number or email :confused: i cant remember if i had this issue on beta 1 but now i dont seem to have the option to select a number or email when i click on facetime either on contact app, phone app and even the facetime app, when i click facetime it just start the call.

Thanks.

Check if your facetime is activated or not, it should be under Settings>Facetime.

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
I think to facetime you have to have the number added to your contacts list - I cant see a way to facetime someone without it. Then in the contacts list you can select facetime from there, or in Facetime select the contact there and it initiates the call fine.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
I think to facetime you have to have the number added to your contacts list - I cant see a way to facetime someone without it. Then in the contacts list you can select facetime from there, or in Facetime select the contact there and it initiates the call fine.

On ios6 when i click facetime a popup menu will let me choose if i wanted to facetime the number or email of that contact, now it just go straight to call.

Thats the problem im having, my wife and i have facetime setup that way, @me email will call our macs and @icloud (alias) will call our ipads :) and of course phone numbers dedicated only to phones, same with imessage wich still works the same but facetime nope.

Sub.0

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I am having this problem as well. I just recently updated all my iOS devices to iOS 7. As I was getting a FaceTime call all of them started ringing. And I did make sure to make each device receive through 1 email. Except for my iphone. I have no idea how to fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.