Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
Looks like the sales have started up for the weekend! I prefixed this as Windows info because the games on sale today seemed to show as requiring Windows.. but hopefully there will be a few OS X games in the next few days.

Last edited:

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
There are a fair amount of games for sale for the Mac. Not all the Steam sales are listed on their main page. You mostly need to go to the Mac section and browse there. The Walking Dead is listed on their front page though and is cross platform. So is Limbo which is a flash deal at the moment.

Last edited:

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
There are a fair amount of games for sale for the Mac. Not all the Steam sales are listed on their main page. You mostly need to go to the Mac section and browse there. The Walking Dead is listed on their front page though and is cross platform. So is KOTOR2 and Limbo which are flash deals at the moment.

Ah, I don't think I looked at the Walking Dead one as I was too lazy to enter my birthdate :) I've updated the post prefix!

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I picked up KOTOR2. I've been replaying the older Bioware games and it was the only one I didn't own.

Oh and the Steam version doesn't appear to be OSX compatible. Only KOTOR1 seems to be.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I picked up KOTOR2. I've been replaying the older Bioware games and it was the only one I didn't own.

Oh and the Steam version doesn't appear to be OSX compatible. Only KOTOR1 seems to be.

KOTOR 2 was actually developed by Obsidian, but it's still supposed to be a pretty good game. It was released unfinished, though, so it's recommended to play with the restored content mod. I just picked up the game as well, and will try playing it in Crossover. It's supposed to work, but we'll see.

Regarding the sale, if it's not a flash or daily deal, wait til the last day.

MightyWhite

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2012
Oxford UK
Hello.

Waiting to buy the new mac.. Is there any way to take advantage of these sales ? I.e. buy them ready for the new mac or do you need to download them immediately?

Same with Mac App Store games as COD4 is on sale for £4.50 ish

Cheers

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Hello.

Waiting to buy the new mac.. Is there any way to take advantage of these sales ? I.e. buy them ready for the new mac or do you need to download them immediately?

Same with Mac App Store games as COD4 is on sale for £4.50 ish

Cheers

All you have to do is purchase. You can download them (or redownload them) any time you choose. You can even purchase windows games on the mac side, and download them when you boot into windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.