Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
This is a smart corporate move by Apple to keep unit sales current. Whilst many of us with older machines might not be entirely happy with this we might have to end up shelling out the extra bucks for a new upgrade. Personally I'm not happy when a company uses its software sales to boost sales of newer hardware but it is and has been the trend in the technology arena.

My big issue is also lack of support for the older OS. How is it that 10.6.8 users cannot have access to the newest version of Safari. How about iCloud support, really Apple? It goes far beyond just an updated OS that Apple is doing this with. It's absurd really and disappointing on the other end.

praktical

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2012
Oklahoma City Oklahoma.
Support

My big issue is also lack of support for the older OS. How is it that 10.6.8 users cannot have access to the newest version of Safari. How about iCloud support, really Apple? It goes far beyond just an updated OS that Apple is doing this with. It's absurd really and disappointing on the other end.

I agree with you entirely Lucky. I feel that this trend is a direct strng arm of us the consumers. We have the power to dictate how Apple markets their products and I don't think we're making full use of our given right as consumers. Apple are our employees and yet it looks like the other way around. Only strong decisive collaborative action as consumers will yield the results we are entitled to as consumers.

JaySCT

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2009
Will this same procedure work on a Core 2 Duo 2,1 Macbook Pro do you think?

I am running my Mac Pro 2,1 on Mountain Lion DP4. I'll be upgrading it when it is paid for.

You CAN run it on a Mac Pro 2,1 and earlier.

It took me a little time but really it is quite simple once you know what you are doing. You can PM me if you need any help.

Here is how you do it on a Mac Pro

http://www.jabbawok.net/?p=47

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
There's a hack being worked on to do it, they have made good progress so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.