Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lalacharlee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
I got my iphone 4s about a month and a half ago, and it was sweet, service worked 24/7 there'd be the odd no service but it would only last a few seconds.
Now with the new update, my iphone gets hot really quickly (the battery) and I've noticed that I'm receiving 'No Service' constantly. And it lasts up to minutes and it seems to be a constant thing now, nothing to do with my network coverage because it was fine before, it worked with a breeze then right after the update it started doing this. It's a real pain because I'm quite the frequent caller/texter via cellphone and now I can't text that much without receiving the 'Message Send Failer' constantly. And I'm afraid calls will also drop because of this.
Anyone have any suggestions or feedback? or any similar experiences? because this is really starting to bug me.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Are you in a strong or weak coverage area? Apparently 6.1 doesn't try reconnecting for a while after it loses the connection. I personally live in a weak area (1-2 bars) but 99% of the time the phone works fine. I'm still running 5.1.1, and when the connection drops it reconnects after a few seconds. I haven't upgraded for fear of it dropping off for several minutes.

lalacharlee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Did you update to 6.1.1?

I know you said new update but it was released only a couple days ago.
It was since the one before the last. The one I just updated now hasn't changed anything.

----------

Are you in a strong or weak coverage area? Apparently 6.1 doesn't try reconnecting for a while after it loses the connection. I personally live in a weak area (1-2 bars) but 99% of the time the phone works fine. I'm still running 5.1.1, and when the connection drops it reconnects after a few seconds. I haven't upgraded for fear of it dropping off for several minutes.

Yeah, I live in quite a weak area, but I only experienced real coverage issues when I had a really cheap phone. The one I had before last was good and my iphone was good before the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.