Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
That show's like school on saturday. No class.
I see clips of it on The Soup and I just shake my head. It's not even funny. :^/
Now the world will see our shame. :)

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
You can find the lowest end of the spectrum in every country and every society in the world, most just aren't televised and sensationalized

I pay no attention to it, and FWIW, I come from Georgia myself

Most folks around here either don't know anything about it or don't care anything about it

It really isn't representative of anything other than that family and their shame

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
People watch this crap for the purpose of laughing at others to feel better about themselves.

Ironically, by doing so "Honey Boo Boo's" redneck family has more money than most US citizens will ever have. Who's laughing now?

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I recognize the kid's name from a short news story a while ago but otherwise don't know who she is. But I am appalled there's an actual market for it.

I'm not joking when I say we watch < 1 hour of television per month and we are no doubt the better for it.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Last edited:

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I'll admit it: I have watched more than one episode of the show. While it is low-brow in more than one aspect, it doesn't appear to have any of the manufactured drama present in other "reality" shows like "Real Housewives Of (insert glamorous place here)", and Alana (aka Honey Boo Boo) is shown bonding with both her mother and her father (aka Sugar Bear)-- sweet, in a country sort of way.

I grew up in rural western Kentucky, and there were many people in my "neck of the woods" with the same core family values, intelligence and, yes, social grace. I regarded them as generally good people. Okay, maybe not so understanding of gay people, but still...

I read that June's put all the payoff from the show, even hers and Sugar Bear's, into trust funds for the kids, and the family is still living off Sugar Bear's wages-- a smart financial move. Even so, I'll bet the family dynamic's changed at least a little with the new fame, and that may tarnish the down-home feel of the show for future seasons. Frankly, the family could call it quits right now, and the show would be a tidy (?!?) package. There's just one thing I'd like to see: June agreeing to marry Sugar Bear at long last.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
People watch this crap for the purpose of laughing at others to feel better about themselves.

Ironically, by doing so "Honey Boo Boo's" redneck family has more money than most US citizens will ever have. Who's laughing now?

I wouldn't be that stupid for a million dollars. They can have the money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.