Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Sep 21, 2013, 03:42 AM   #1
L T
macrumors 6502

Any chance of a 3G iPod touch?

I've thought about getting an iPad mini 3G but I don't really like the iPad form factor. I rarely use my mini because I just prefer to use my iPhone, for Facebook Twitter, light web browsing, email. I have my MacBook Air to do everything else.

However, with me using my iPhone more my battery life is decreasing. I'm think about getting the next iPod touch, a 3G option would be lovely!

But a 3G option would probably cause iPhones sales to drop.
L T is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 04:10 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

The carriers wouldn't agree to it.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 04:13 AM   #3
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Well, a 3G iPod Touch would basically be an iPhone... so yeah, it won't happen.
mrsir2009 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 03:36 PM   #4
hoodedwarbler12
macrumors member

Too similar to an iPhone... maybe there will be a 5.5'' mini iPad mini with 3g someday but not an iPod touch.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 08:04 PM   #5
GreatDrok
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by L T View Post
I've thought about getting an iPad mini 3G but I don't really like the iPad form factor. I rarely use my mini because I just prefer to use my iPhone, for Facebook Twitter, light web browsing, email. I have my MacBook Air to do everything else.

However, with me using my iPhone more my battery life is decreasing. I'm think about getting the next iPod touch, a 3G option would be lovely!

But a 3G option would probably cause iPhones sales to drop.
I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad mini 4G/LTE. Both devices are on the same data plan and it is nice to have a SIM in the device so I don't have to tether the iPad to use it when out and about. I like the form factor of the iPad mini better than my phone. The phone is great to just pull out quickly but the iPad fills the gap between my phone and MacBook Air better for browsing and email than the phone does. Just get an iPad mini. Oh, and I have AirDisplay installed so I can use it as a second monitor for my MBA when travelling which helps justify it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch