Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:27 PM   #51
chrisrosemusic1
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to chrisrosemusic1
Quote:
Originally Posted by el-John-o View Post
The Apple ecosystem remains one of the biggest reasons to stick with iOS. Wasn't it a SAMSUNG executive who said something like that too?

I REALLY think Apple could up the game by putting some of that eco system on Windows. Adding iMessage, iCal, etc. on Windows. I firmly believe it iTunes on Windows was one of the reasons for the serious take-off of the iPod. But even then, third party software DID allow you to do anything you wanted with the iPod, to my knowledge there is no way to integrate iMessage or FaceTime (though calendar can be done through Google, etc.) on a Windows platform.

Apple makes a good product, but the Ecosystem is fantastic. As a Mac user, I REALLY have a reason to stick around, but the level of integration with my Windows machines is severely less. Basically, I can sync my music with iTunes, and my calendar with Google.. but I can do that with any phone!
Not sure if you've missed the boat here but I have iCloud, iCal, Photo Stream, Contacts and iTunes on my Windows PC - Download iTunes for Windows, then go to update and they all come up as available to download. Only difference is that you can't 'edit' your appointments on PC, they just launch on the website. Photo stream saves all the pics to your Pictures folder though

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices