Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
Hi, have been told to stay on 6.0, if JB applies to 6.0.1 is as simply as upgrade first, then JB. If on the other hand we upgrade to 6.0.1 and the JB 6.0 we will be screwed as you can easily go back, if possible at all!

poose22

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
I suggest that people tweet Joshual @posixninja and ask him kindly that if he has anything to further the development of the iOS6 jailbreak, to work out his differences with the Dev-Team.

If I remember, wasn't this is one of the things that annoyed Geohot? Just everyone questioning him on releasing JB's all the time

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
If I remember, wasn't this is one of the things that annoyed Geohot? Just everyone questioning him on releasing JB's all the time

Well, I was not asking him to release a jailbreak, I was asking him to make out his differences with his former friends.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Hi, have been told to stay on 6.0, if JB applies to 6.0.1 is as simply as upgrade first, then JB. If on the other hand we upgrade to 6.0.1 and the JB 6.0 we will be screwed as you can easily go back, if possible at all!

If there is a jailbreak released, it will be for 6.1 or 6.1.x IMO

6.0.1 has been out for quite a while now, and the betas of 6.1 are wrapping up it seems. I think we'll see 6.1 drop before 2013, and given the jailbreak isn't near completion, it makes more sense just to wait at this point.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
If there is a jailbreak released, it will be for 6.1 or 6.1.x IMO

6.0.1 has been out for quite a while now, and the betas of 6.1 are wrapping up it seems. I think we'll see 6.1 drop before 2013, and given the jailbreak isn't near completion, it makes more sense just to wait at this point.

All speculation. :(
The hackers will make a decision which benefits the most members of the jailbreak community.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
All speculation. :(
The hackers will make a decision which benefits the most members of the jailbreak community.

Seeing as 6.1 is widely expected in a months time, most people will be on that FW so that will likely be their route for release. Plus as said before, we've yet to see or hear of any exploits or working non - dev JBs. Might be beyond 6.1.x!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
And again I say, despite how you perceive the situation and decide how you would handle it, it is speculation.

Most of us learned a long time ago that those with the solutions will determine how they feel it best be used.

Once they figure it out, get it working and tested, then they will share it with us at a time of their choosing.

Last edited:

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
And again I say, despite how you perceive the situation and decide how you would handle it, it is speculation.

Most of us learned a long time ago that those with the solutions will determine how they feel it best be used.

Once they figure it out, get it working and tested, then they will share it with us at a time of their choosing.

I, too, was once fooled by your clever JB-esc avatar into thinking you had any insight at all into the JB community, but your constant singular repetition of "no one knows what the hackers will do until they release something so stop speculating" has me convinced otherwise. But heck, if there's any authority in being the hall monitor here, have at it.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

I completely agree.

But they have never released a jailbreak for a firmware that was no longer being signed by Apple.

5.1 Beta 1 rolled out on 11/28/11, 5.1 Beta 2 rolled out on 12/12/11, 5.1 Beta 3 rolled out on 1/9/12, with it seeing release on 3/7/12. Likely the 2 month gap was simply more to wait for the new iPad then anything else.

6.1 Beta 1 rolled out on 11/1/12, 6.1 Beta 2 rolled out on 11/12/12, and 6.1 Beta 3 is due out within two weeks at most, going by past trends.

This puts 6.1 on a month earlier cycle than 5.1 was, meaning we could see a release around Christmas. This is because a new iPad is widely not expected in the Spring, so we may be seeing 6.1 sooner than 2013, as there is no reason to withhold it otherwise.

That said, last year we saw a jailbreak for the flagship iPhone over 3 months after it's release date. That would mean we likely won't see a jailbreak before December this year, which ironically coincides with the predicted 6.1 release date.

As long as the exploits aren't burned before 6.1 drops, then the devs can allocate them to whichever firmware they choose, but I'd certainly place my bets on 6.1 as a strong educated guess.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
I completely agree.

But they have never released a jailbreak for a firmware that was no longer being signed by Apple.

5.1 Beta 1 rolled out on 11/28/11, 5.1 Beta 2 rolled out on 12/12/11, 5.1 Beta 3 rolled out on 1/9/12, with it seeing release on 3/7/12. Likely the 2 month gap was simply more to wait for the new iPad then anything else.

6.1 Beta 1 rolled out on 11/1/12, 6.1 Beta 2 rolled out on 11/12/12, and 6.1 Beta 3 is due out within two weeks at most, going by past trends.

This puts 6.1 on a month earlier cycle than 5.1 was, meaning we could see a release around Christmas. This is because a new iPad is widely not expected in the Spring, so we may be seeing 6.1 sooner than 2013, as there is no reason to withhold it otherwise.

That said, last year we saw a jailbreak for the flagship iPhone over 3 months after it's release date. That would mean we likely won't see a jailbreak before December this year, which ironically coincides with the predicted 6.1 release date.

As long as the exploits aren't burned before 6.1 drops, then the devs can allocate them to whichever firmware they choose, but I'd certainly place my bets on 6.1 as a strong educated guess.

So a 6.0 jailbreak will not likely happen? I have not upgraded just in case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.