Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
Really nice and informative. Got rid of the stock weather widget in notification center. That doesn't even tell you wind information. I would like to know if wind is gusting up to 30 mph.

itsamacthing

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
Great app, and another example of how stale Apple apps are. It's like Apple is asleep at the wheel in the iOS department.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Sleek app, i think the icon looks cute too :p

Will love to have this on the lockscreen.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Do you really want Apple to create an iPad app that looks as ugly as the iPhone version? I think most would be happy if they just removed the default one from the iPhone.

----------

I think Yahoo was not happy with the app Apple created and decided to do their own. My guess is the rumors of Yahoo and Apple talking several weeks ago is they wanted to use their own app in place of Apple's. And since Apple surely denied them, they submitted this app. Apple really needs to either create a way to replace default apps, or just remove the stock apps that Apple clearly doesn't spend anytime updating.

let me put it this way ... i wish the notification center on the iPad had the weather widget integrated

Great app, and another example of how stale Apple apps are. It's like Apple is asleep at the wheel in the iOS department.

indeed, none of the stock apple apps have really changed since 2007. they were awesome back then but look dated now. a design of 2007 just doesnt work in 2013 anymore.

even the Facebook app looks like a masterpiece compared to something like the clock app

Last edited:

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Ok, if this is the "Flat Look" that iOS would adopt throughout it be up for it, image all of iOS looking this good.

jphealy

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Not working on wifi

Very nice app, but:
What's the deal with the single pixel purple line at the top of the screen? Doesn't look intentional to me.

Also, for some reason, this app won't update on my home wifi!! Very strange. My data connection on my home wifi is working perfectly fine, but this app just won't update when it's connected to it. I have to switch wifi off to get it to update over the cellular network.

I'm heading over to my parents house shortly, so I can test whether it works on their wifi.

Does anybody have any idea why a specific app would not be able to get data over a wifi network, when everything else is working fine?

Thanks

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Very nice app, but:
What's the deal with the single pixel purple line at the top of the screen? Doesn't look intentional to me.

Also, for some reason, this app won't update on my home wifi!! Very strange. My data connection on my home wifi is working perfectly fine, but this app just won't update when it's connected to it. I have to switch wifi off to get it to update over the cellular network.

I'm heading over to my parents house shortly, so I can test whether it works on their wifi.

Does anybody have any idea why a specific app would not be able to get data over a wifi network, when everything else is working fine?

Thanks

No clue...it updates for me both on Wifi and LTE.

jphealy

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Well, it worked fine at my parents house on their wifi - so it must be something to do with my wifi network specifically. I'm totally confused here. Don't know where to start to try and fix.

locoboi187

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2012
Is there a jailbreak tweak that I can use to make the notification weather open a different app when I tap on it?

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Weather app has made it to my first page apps. All paid apps have been deleted.

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
This app is actually very good, I like the details and the looks. Trouble is until I get a data plan on PAYG again I can't use it out and about ;-)

Oh and it's free too with no adverts. No adverts means it's staying :p

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
why do people keep on making weather apps?
are so many people fools enough to use more than one? what now people have a folder named weather apps?
apples weather app works just fine, tells me the current weather and has forecasts what more do i need, seriously?

Some of us have not fully accepted that everything should fit YOUR needs and likes and still cling to the idea that we have our own.

dcodea

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
No Map

I'm having the same problem someone earlier in the thread had - I downloaded this app when it won the design awards, but there are not maps anywhere in the map. I scroll through all the details, and nowhere is there any map of any kind. I am using an iPhone 4, latest iOS. Yahoo support is useless, they don't respond to anything.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I was just about to create a thread on this weather app after seeing it on Gizmodo. This app has replaced my previous weather app. Very beautifully designed. Simple layout with tons of information. Love it. :)

I wouldn't mind seeing this version as the stock app on iOS 7.

LOL...looks like I nailed this. What iOS 7 has is pretty much modified Yahoo! Weather app with Apple's touches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.