Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

8UCKW1LD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
Hi everyone, I recently "Updated" my Iphone 5 to IOS 7. It automaticlly went to the "Need to be a developer" page, (Great..) So I tried to downgrade it and it went to a looping Recovery/DFU mode. I tried endlessly to fix it and have no progress.

Any help would be great.

Traviswoods

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2013
Hey try this go to apple.com download iOS 6.1.4 ipsw after it finishes downloading put your phone in DFU mode and hold down shift and click restore chose the iOS 6.1.4 ipsw you just downloaded I had the same problem and this was my solution

8UCKW1LD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
Hey try this go to apple.com download iOS 6.1.4 ipsw after it finishes downloading put your phone in DFU mode and hold down shift and click restore chose the iOS 6.1.4 ipsw you just downloaded I had the same problem and this was my solution

The phone is stuck in DFU mode. I can't get it out, it just keeps looping.

PilotTiny

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2013
United Kingdom
Have you tried taking it out of dfu mode by holding down the home and sleep buttons until the device powers up, see if you can boot back into iOS 7

josiahsill

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
Memphis, TN
This happened to me...I downloaded tinyumbrella. In tinyumbrella there is an option to take the device out of restore/dfu and it worked great fro me

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
What errors do you get on iTunes when trying to restore? Are you a developer? If not, I'd recommend Googling the route of installing iOS 7 correctly.

8UCKW1LD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
What errors do you get on iTunes when trying to restore? Are you a developer? If not, I'd recommend Googling the route of installing iOS 7 correctly.

It keeps saying "Restore not completed, unknown error". I've literally tried every method mentioned, it will not come out of DFU/Recovery mode. I'll try the tiny umbrella method though, and check back. I know now what happened to the phone. Instead of clicking "Check for updates" I clicked "Restore Device". That caused it to not by-pass the Developer sequence.

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
It keeps saying "Restore not completed, unknown error". I've literally tried every method mentioned, it will not come out of DFU/Recovery mode. I'll try the tiny umbrella method though, and check back. I know now what happened to the phone. Instead of clicking "Check for updates" I clicked "Restore Device". That caused it to not by-pass the Developer sequence.

Were you jailbroken and had messed with your host file previously?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.