Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Apr 9, 2014, 09:47 AM   #1
RawBert
macrumors 68000

Pro Wrestling Icon Ultimate Warrior Dead at 54

Eighties kids worldwide mourn.

Quote:
Link

The Ultimate Warrior, one of the world's most charismatic and popular professional wrestlers, has died at the age of 54, just days after being inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame.

WWE announced the death of Warrior, born James Brian Hellwig, in a statement on its website late Tuesday.

"WWE is shocked and greatly saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever," the statement read. "Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history."

Warrior collapsed on the sidewalk outside of his hotel room in Arizona and was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead, TMZ reports.

News of his death was met with sadness and shock online.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 01:16 PM   #2
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68040

He was my favorite wrestler as a kid. I actually meet him and Macho Man at the same time at MSG. I remember their necks were as thick as tree trunks. Steroids definitely caught up to both of them.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2014, 01:22 PM   #3
jbachandouris
macrumors 68000

Live fast, die young...apparently.

So sad.
jbachandouris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2014, 06:39 PM   #4
Jaffa Cake
macrumors Core

More so, he appeared on RAW the night after Wrestlemania and addressed the crowd...

Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever.

The next day he dropped dead. Blimey.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:42 PM   #5
Madmic23
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffa Cake View Post
More so, he appeared on RAW the night after Wrestlemania and addressed the crowd...

Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever.

The next day he dropped dead. Blimey.
It's almost like he knew something bad was about to happen.
Madmic23 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2014, 01:51 AM   #6
phrehdd
macrumors 68000

RIP Warrior.

I saw this guy in a match when I was in Los Angeles. A friend took me to see the wrestling show and Warrior put manager Bobby Heenan into a weasel suit. This was my one and only experience with seeing wrestling live. The show was entertaining and as much, the audience itself that cheered on and on for the Warrior and various other wrestlers.
phrehdd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2014, 03:27 PM   #7
velocityg4
macrumors 68040

I thought he retired in the early 90's. When it was still the WWF. That's when I stopped watching wrestling. Although I had to watch it a few times in the late 90's since some friends in high school still watched it. Up until that point I thought only children watched wrestling.
velocityg4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:46 PM   #8
rhett7660
macrumors G3

RIP...

Loved this guy as a kid, more so than Hulk Hogan. Very sad indeed.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:50 PM   #9
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

RIP fellow human.....I have no idea who this guy was.. That said, it sucks when someone 12 years younger than me dies. It makes me feel mortal, very mortal

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events