Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
I know. But from now on, you have to activaly remember that you switched DND on for the 'lock state' only, because you get no signal of this. The icon is gone.

I know why it works this way, but the result is simple:

In iOS 6 you can always see instantly whether DND is on/off, in iOS 7 you can't.

That sucks.

You can swipe up on the control center and see if DND is on at anytime you want. If you have it set to come on a certain time (during sleep times) does it really matter if the icon is there or not you should remember when you set it.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
You can swipe up on the control center and see if DND is on at anytime you want. If you have it set to come on a certain time (during sleep times) does it really matter if the icon is there or not you should remember when you set it.
That's true but before, you were always remembered, and now you're not. No matter what. :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I know. But from now on, you have to activaly remember that you switched DND on for the 'lock state' only, because you get no signal of this. The icon is gone.

I know why it works this way, but the result is simple:

In iOS 6 you can always see instantly whether DND is on/off, in iOS 7 you can't.

That sucks.
If DND is enabled in both locked and unlocked mode you will see it in both modes. If it's enabled in locked mode only then you will see it in locked mode only. The icon is there for the states to which it applies to. That seems to be fairly logical.

And you can check on it and change it if you want/need to from the Settings, or even easier now from the Control Center.

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK
I've been playing with iOS 7, and even though it's a beta, it especially bothers me when features have been removed from iOS 6 that were actually usefull.

Been removed, or not been implemented in pre-release software yet?

What part of this do people not understand? It is the FIRST beta of a major redesign and ground up rebuild pretty much of the core OS and apps. It will take time to get things as they were.

What I've found so far:

This'll be good

- List view in Calendar is gone, as well as the dots for days with calendar entries

Tap the magnifying glass

- Letter scroll in album view (Music)
Will come back

- Spotlight search which starts searching before you hit 'search'
Already does

- Weather in Notification Center which tells you more than just the weather for the day.
Will probably be tweaked

- Do Not Disturb icon in the status bar. When DND is set for 'locked state' only, it only shows the icon when the phone is locked. This is a bit confusing.
Huh? Confusing? Let me get this straight. You set DND for locked only and are confused by the fact that the DND enabled icon only appears when the phone is locked?? That's exactly what you told it to do!

I played around with iOS 7 a little bit, toggled DND, forgot about it, then locked my phone, only to find out I missed a few messages sometime later because apparently DND was on without telling me.
That's your fault, really...

If you're not a developer, wait until the public release. If you are a developer, you know where to log this feedback, so log it.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Been removed, or not been implemented in pre-release software yet?

What part of this do people not understand? It is the FIRST beta of a major redesign and ground up rebuild pretty much of the core OS and apps. It will take time to get things as they were.

This'll be good

Tap the magnifying glass

Will come back

Already does

Will probably be tweaked

Huh? Confusing? Let me get this straight. You set DND for locked only and are confused by the fact that the DND enabled icon only appears when the phone is locked?? That's exactly what you told it to do!

That's your fault, really...

If you're not a developer, wait until the public release. If you are a developer, you know where to log this feedback, so log it.
So we're not allowed to talk about iOS 7 until it's finished? That makes no sense. I understand it's a beta, and I'm listing what sucks IN THE BETA.

Furthermore, your 'arguments' make no sense whatsoever.

I understand it's a beta, and I think the BETA sucks at these points.

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
So we're not allowed to talk about iOS 7 until it's finished? That makes no sense. I understand it's a beta, and I'm listing what sucks IN THE BETA.

No, you are not. It is covered by an NDA and you cannot talk about iOS 7 anywhere but the Apple Developer forums.

ben824

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2012
GA
What I found incredibly annoying, beyond just the awful new "flat" design, is in Messages, to edit a convo and delete individual chat bubbles, you have to hold your finger on the bubble, tap "more" when the option bubble pops up, tap on the chat bubble to check mark it to edit, then hit the little trash can icon at the bottom.

Sounds simple enough but compared to the previous method in iOS 6, it is much more complicated and irritating to go through. Also it is not as simple to figure out. At first I thought that they had removed the edit feature entirely until I stumbled upon it on accident.

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK

Furthermore, your 'arguments' make no sense whatsoever.

I understand it's a beta, and I think the BETA sucks at these points.

"Beta" and "sucks" can't be used in the same sentence, really. It's going to "suck" compared to its final version as it is not finished!

You're listing features you are stating as being removed from the final version of iOS7 even though it hasn't been released.

Your thread title for instance - "Things that iOS 6 has and iOS 7 hasn't".

There is no possible way to tell if this will be the case in 4 months time, and threads like this are completely pointless.

Oh - and by downloading the beta you've effectively signed an NDA meaning you can't talk about the beta. Of course, you already know this having read the documentation on the Apple Developer portal before you downloaded the software, right?

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
The most prominent thing for me at least, is the spotlight no longer has the ability to search Google or Wikipedia. It's not the biggest of deals at all, just a tiny minor inconvenience. Oh well.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
"Beta" and "sucks" can't be used in the same sentence, really. It's going to "suck" compared to its final version as it is not finished!

You're listing features you are stating as being removed from the final version of iOS7 even though it hasn't been released.

Your thread title for instance - "Things that iOS 6 has and iOS 7 hasn't".

There is no possible way to tell if this will be the case in 4 months time, and threads like this are completely pointless.

Oh - and by downloading the beta you've effectively signed an NDA meaning you can't talk about the beta. Of course, you already know this having read the documentation on the Apple Developer portal before you downloaded the software, right?
Well then, why don't we close the iOS 7 board untill the GM is released?

When there's software to test and to talk about, I will give my opinion. If you can't live with that, that's your problem.

I just don't see your point, if I want to discuss the beta, I will discuss the beta.

Furthermore, I did not sign an NDA.

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK
Well then, why don't we close the iOS 7 board untill the GM is released?

Because other discussion not directly related to features or bugs of the beta is allowed.

When there's software to test and to talk about, I will give my opinion. If you can't live with that, that's your problem.

Have you paid your developer fees?

Furthermore, I did not sign an NDA.

If you legally downloaded and installed the beta from the Apple developer website after registering your UDID, you most certainly DID digitally sign an NDA. If you used a UDID registration site or installed the beta bypassing the dev check, then you are using the software against its license agreement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.