Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Hi,

I recently purchased the iPhone 5 (this is my 1st iPhone!) and will be receiving it Tues. Dec. 11th. I would appreciate any feedback from those members who purchased their phones in late Nov/till present as I am a little intrepid after reading posts (for example about scuff marks, dents,scratches,etc) from those who purchased their phones in September/October.

Thanks in advance for your response! :)

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Hi,

I recently purchased the iPhone 5 (this is my 1st iPhone!) and will be receiving it Tues. Dec. 11th. I would appreciate any feedback from those members who purchased their phones in late Nov/till present as I am a little intrepid after reading posts (for example about scuff marks, dents,scratches,etc) from those who purchased their phones in September/October.

Thanks in advance for your response! :)

I purchased 2 mid Nov and one late Nov all three in perfect condition

isephmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
just got my first iphone as well today. white color is better than black in this generation because how easily i saw the black variant get scratches

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Got mine yesterday from AT&T. Went with the white because the scratches are less visible. Mine was in perfect condition. Battery life is great even with the latest update. I don't know if its because the update was factory installed--but there are a few on here who have issues with this new update.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Got mine last week at apple. Perfect. I had returned two others with issues and waited a month to get another. I'm thankful.

NeroAZ

Suspended
Jun 23, 2009
Phoenx, AZ
I bought 2 iPhone 5's one white and one black on the tuesday after they started selling them in the US, and both were pristine.

jonsuh

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Got mine mid Nov and was in great condition.

Just be careful with it. That anodized aluminum is extremely delicate and will chip! Be sure to get a case with your phone or like many have, you'll regret it the day you see chips.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Got my black 5 Nov 12th and it was in perfect condition. Girlfriend got her white iPhone Nov 20th and the first one was scratched up but they had another one in back at AT&T store and it was in perfect condition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.