Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Oct 9, 2013, 04:12 AM   #626
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
Force Bohner to bring a vote to the house.
This would be the best course of action in my opinion. He's the public face of the whole ordeal, and likely doesn't want to be permanently associated with it in the unlikely event that the worst case scenario comes to pass. Put his reputation on the line, and he will eventually cave.

As much as I hate to say it, the Democrats could do with a little bit of dirty politicking. And now's the best time for it as any.
Renzatic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 07:00 PM   #627
Huntn
macrumors 604

Congress: YOU SUCK

Congressional Perks Deemed Essential During Government Shutdown While Public Sacrifices

What's Essential?

Congressional Gym:
Yes.
Clinical trials at the National Institutes of Health: No.

Every single member of Rep. Steve King's (R-Iowa) staff: Yes.
A Nobel Prize-winning physicist: No.
In 2012, David Wineland, a physicist with the National Institute of Standards and Technology, won the Nobel Prize in Physics for his "ground-breaking experimental methods that enable measuring and manipulation of individual quantum systems

The Capitol subway system: Yes. Not to be confused with the WashDC Metro system.
Cleaning up toxic waste sites: No.

Every single member of Congress: Yes.
The NASA employee who oversees the Mars rover mission: No.
Huntn is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:31 AM   #628
whoknows87
macrumors 6502a

What is the point of reaching a deal , but some are still determined to Repeal ObamaCare > Sen.McConnel , so will we experience this again before Feb 7
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:45 AM   #629
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoknows87 View Post
What is the point of reaching a deal , but some are still determined to Repeal ObamaCare > Sen.McConnel , so will we experience this again before Feb 7
We will experience this again before Jan 15th. The new Gov't shutdown date.

Hopefully the tea party has learned a lesson in legislation 101.
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:11 PM   #630
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
We will experience this again before Jan 15th. The new Gov't shutdown date.

Hopefully the tea party has learned a lesson in legislation 101.
I don't think so. What has changed? We now face a govt. shutdown on January 15th and a debt ceiling fight in mid February (unsure of date). Their base is still behind them, the crazies won't get primaried and the Republicans got nothing in this so-called deal that still has to pass 2 houses of Congress.

I'd urge all to read this. It's a long but very good read.

http://www.democracycorps.com/attach...13%20final.pdf

Quote:
If you want to understand the government shutdown and crisis in Washington, you need to get inside the base of the Republican Party. That is what we are doing in the Republican Party Project and these focus groups with Evangelicals, Tea Party, and moderate Republicans.1 All the passion, nuances and divisions found expression when we conducted this work in the summer.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues