Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Degrassi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Hi,

So I just downloaded Open Office, and I've now got the OO icon in my toolbar, but whenever I open it, I get that white icon on my desktop that shows up whenever you have something extra plugged in. The one that you can use to "eject" something if it's hovered over the trash can. Why does this happen?

Thanks.

PS - Nevermind. I just figured it out. Thanks anyway!

Last edited:

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
Hi,

So I just downloaded Open Office, and I've now got the OO icon in my toolbar, but whenever I open it, I get that white icon on my desktop that shows up whenever you have something extra plugged in. The one that you can use to "eject" something if it's hovered over the trash can. Why does this happen?

Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand, but the white icon on the desktop might represent the mounted OpenOffice disk image (ie, what appears when you open a .dmg).

If so, you should double click on that icon and follow the instructions for installing the OpenOffice application. Installation might be nothing more than dragging an OpenOffice icon from the opened disk image to your Applications folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.